Should I pay for these drinks?

Coloseum

Funny...the story about the vegetarian dish; it's like as if one is dining in Fawlty Towers. Always wondered where John Cleese got his inspiration from : he must have been drinking and eating in some Thai establishments

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At home I wouldnt even consider paying for the drinks under either circumstance but when I venture to Thailand, I guess I will have to pick my battles. On one hand you dont want to be taken advantage of but on the other, you dont want to work yourself up over a buck or two.

Says tonecold:

At home I wouldnt even consider paying for the drinks under either circumstance but when I venture to Thailand, I guess I will have to pick my battles. On one hand you dont want to be taken advantage of but on the other, you dont want to work yourself up over a buck or two.

------------------------------------------------------------------

That's exactly my dilemma

#1 Being that the drinks had not arived, so long as the bottles were not opened or drinks poured you certainly should no HAVE to pay.

#2 When this ocasionally happens to me I point out the error and then drink whatever the hell it is they brought me, no big deal. If I really don't like it lets say they brought me a "Leo" beeer ugh... I would probably just slam it back.

I have been previously told however that if a manager instructs an employee to cary out actions which were not understood, and an error ocurs due to the misunderstanding then it is the manager who is at fault for the error. The error has ocured because he has failed to properly instruct the employee. The employee may have believed that

he/she understood the actions required and acted faithfully on that understanding. The manager being in the position of responsibility should have acertained that his instructions were understood by requesting the employee repeat the instructions. Which is what I usually do with a customer or with a waitress. I wait and listen for them to respond with the name of the drink I have ordered. That rambling bit being siad, if I still get the wrong drink then mai pen rai TIT.

Does this mean that Kloster has disapeared.

[color:"blue"]

The credit goes to StoneSoup for providing this information elsewhere.

Kloster is back with a paper neck label instead of silver foil. The brand changed Thai distributor. Klassik is still around, I believe.

[/color]

In re: #1, did any of your ordered drinks require use of a blender or other electrical contraption? These would be difficult to prepare during a power cut. If not, the venue was wholly in the wrong.

Your farang owner in #2 seems to have gone native or never owned a business in the West. For the price of one drink he's now lost fifty times that much business. Thank you for naming the venues involved.

Archived