Nana Hotel?

Says shotover:

After about 20 uncomfortable minutes, a very young maid approached me carrying a paper bag with all the condoms in it.

They care for the customers...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When was the last time you saw the reception staff at Nana wai someone? How about hand change back to your hand the way it should be done instead of just placing on the desk top? They certainly are not overly generous with thank yous or khrap khun ka's. Well I don't expect them to as they, I guess, have a median age of about 50 years old and are Chinese-Thai. This places them on a much higher level than not only us lowly Farang but that of common Thai folk as well. They tend to be curt. OK so now I've revealed my prejudice. Chinese-Thai are good behind the scenes but let the Thai interact with the customers. One reason the maids are so pleasant, they are common Thai.

I much prefer to see Thai people working the reception desks. Women thirtyish, not overly polite but pleasant. Picture the flight attendants you see on Thai domestic flights and place them behind the reception desk of Nana and you get closer to the polite service a paying customer deserves. I know Nana is not a 5 star hotel so one shouldn't expect that kind of service, but somewhere in between at least.

As far as the way I conduct myself is with quiet politeness. I admit to not being the typical tourist checking in on his first night back to Bangkok after a long absence, large suitcases, big smiles, excited to get out to the bar scene. I usually show up after flying in from Isahn with a small duffle bag (which they make note of BTW speaking in Thai between themselves) with basic essentials to stay for 1-2 nights while I take care of business. Coming directly from Isahn, where folks tend to be friendly and polite, doesn't exactly prepare me for the coldness of Nana reception. They are professional and efficient and I am familiar with their style. But on my last two stays there were three minor incidents that particularly annoyed me. Hence my rants.

My comment that they absolutely suck was over the top and I regret having said that.

In the end my recommendation to a guy looking for a convenient hotel in the 1,000baht range near the nightlife would be the Nana Hotel. All in all it's a good value.

Archived