Copa Cabana / Poseidon

Zaad

Hi!

Poseidon and Copacabana are two different establishments with, I think, different owners.

Copacabana is part of "Davis Group International", owner of such fine places as the demolished Soi 10 site, Emmanuelle, Hi-Class, many other MP's, Davis Hotel Suk 24 & what not.

The sheer size of Poseidon, 10 or 11 floors, may indicate it's a hotel but it is of course a massage parlour. ;)

Back to Copacabana. Two "public" floors with ground floor consisting of a girlie fishbowl, a bar, a coffeeshop and a stage for live music. Second floor is more of a lounge area with hostesses, a bar and two pool tables. And karaoke rooms, of course. I don't know about the private rooms for karaoke and "hmm-hmm", but if the general atmosphere is anything to go from they shouldn't be too shabby.

Copacabana is new, not very known and general price level is a bit higher than your average Sukhumvit establishment. (Hostesses, which are "available" will cost around 4000 baht or so). The couple of times I've been over there, I've actually never seen a fellow farang (apart from my friends)! Farang friendly though. Overall, I find Copacabana a nice place. It's rather large, you can mill around a bit and there's absolutely no pressure. Valet-parking, if you drive there.

I'm pretty sure there is more info on the web about Copacabana. PM me if you'd like to have a link sent to you.

Cheers!

"Copacabana is part of "Davis Group International", owner of such fine places as the demolished Soi 10 site, Emmanuelle, Hi-Class, many other MP's, Davis Hotel Suk 24 & what not."

This is a good reason not to patronize Copacabana or the other mentioned MPs. The Davis Group owner is currently hiding out in Australia waiting for the furor to die down while the former Soi 10 shop owners and workers digest their losses and try to get back on their feet.

At the same time, we really don't know anything about the Suk Soi 10 and it's affairs do we?

And 2000-3000 Nanaplaza board readers boycotting the Davis Group isn't going to do shit

Last time you took a cab, bought a portion of "Som Tam", stayed a night at a hotel, bought a beer at bar X -- how do you know that you did not contribute to "Mr Davis" wealth?

What I'm saying is that this particular company/ies is very much entangled in many parts of daily Thai life.

Make no mistake about it. Excluding Copacabana (which BTW is a good place) will make very little of a difference, if any at all...

Yes, basically, I'm a "PC wanker guy",-- but, truly, in this case I do think you are fighting the "windmills". Forget about it. This is way over any "consumer action"...or board revolotion, or whatever else...this is up to the Thai people and the Thai system of government. It will take many more years to solve...

Really.

"Last time you took a cab, bought a portion of "Som Tam", stayed a night at a hotel, bought a beer at bar X -- how do you know that you did not contribute to "Mr Davis" wealth?"

I have no idea if I contribute to the wealth of the owner of the Davis Group (who is not 'Mr. Davis') when I buy som tam, etc., in Thailand. However, I am aware of the MPs this group owns, and it's my personal decision not to do business with them.

"Make no mistake about it. Excluding Copacabana (which BTW is a good place) will make very little of a difference, if any at all..."

I absolutely agree it will make no difference. Just my personal decision not to knowingly patronize this business. Nothing more.

"which other mp's beside copacabana, honolulu, victoria's secret and emanuelle belong to davies group?"

The only other one I have read about is Hi-Class, which was next to the Emmanuelle complex, not sure if it is still operating. I would not be surprised if there were others.

Says cardinalblue:

When i go to ratchada area, rarely do i see more than two falangs at any given time.

then you should buy new glasses; maybe there are not so many in the bars on inthramara; but in the MP's and according facilities are quite a lot.

Archived