Visa refusal in London

Redbaron

Choosing another country?? I think that's a bit dramatic. It isn't too hard to get a visa extended in the LOS, or doing a "visa run" whilst over there, especially if you plan on staying over a month, you wouldn't want to spend it all in one place surely.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says basilofbarnes:

I have just been told that several people have been refused 60 day visa's from the Thai embassy in London

that's strange indeed. i do not doubt about your statement, but could you tell us the sources? are you yourself affected? how many people and what kind of people?

Says basilofbarnes:

If it is going to be difficult to get visa's based on such stupid paranoia or malice on the Thai side then maybe its just not worth bothering with Thailand anymore. I am thinking about Malaysia or even Spain as a better place to wile away the recession in England.

The only thing I can think of to say in response to this sentiment is "suit yourself".

I know the guy at the London Embassy(Consulate). Used to be a little grumpy at first. Especially when I wanted my visa on the same day(!) Now greets me with a smile, even strikes up a conversation.

Picked up a triple entry visa the last time I was there. Not only did I already have an expired 60 day entry in there, he also knew that I had been there a few times before.

Maybe he's been given new instructions...

Be nice...You'll get what you need.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you live in London? It might be better to go to a consulate.

I have just picked up my multiple entry non imm B from the Glasgow one with only a letter from the school. They didnt WANT to see the other stuff they demand in Laos etc ie contract, copy of company registration etc. My passport was actually issued in Bangkok in Sept last year and is full of nothing else but visa run stamps to Malaysia. Other types of Visa are no problem as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi guys, HELP!!! have just returned from first trip to bkk, met girl, fell in love you know the score. she does not want to leave los which is fine by me as i want to go there!! dont really understand the differences in obtaining visas? i think the non immigration one is the one i want as the plan is to live with her and work ( if i can find it ) in bkk, start a family and never return to uk. can this be done? i understand that in some cases employers sort out visas and work permits for you, i am not a professionally qualified person, is this a problem? to be honest i would work in her parents rice paddy if means being with her!! can anyone help me? :help:

Archived