Visa refusal in London

Redbaron

And another one bites the dust. Seriously think a bit more before you leap. Will the love survive poverty? Because that is what you may find. This is a major move and very, very few such cases result in a positive experience. Take some time to think long and hard about this. There is never just "one" person. If this ends you will find others. With no abilities to market here the chance for success is very slim. For now read the various posts/forums and web sites. Good luck in whatever you decide.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The problem may be that the Thai Embassy in London has had a directive not to give 60 day visas to passports with overstay fines, and even when the (unhelpfull) gentleman on the counter refuses to accept your passport for a 60 day visa, and you ask for the manager, he will in typical Thai fashion of not loosing face, back the clerk's decision, and tell you that any Thais who have obtained visas for UK and overstayed will never get another tourist visa and that they are being generous allowing you to enter the Kingdom for a 30 day visit, and to be fair that is very true. A better plan of action is to apply to the consulates because these are financed only by visa application fees.

Dukeman,

I'm going to give you the same advice I gave my friend from Norway who was in your exact same situation. You really need to come and spend some time here. Not just a short holiday. Living here is not the same as coming on holiday. I know having lived here for nearly three years now. Come back spend some time a few months and if you still feel the same way then go back and cash in allof your chips.

I'm not trying to discourage you far from it. just test the waters before you jump in.

Choke Dee,

LL

'Trollometer rising'

anyway:

Says Wung_See_Jao:

Dont want to discourage you Duke,but getting a work permit to work in agriculture could be difficult,plus could you really live on 150 baht per day ?......Best of luck anyway.

150 Baht ..... and that's for the foremans job :o

Says spirit_of_town_hall:

I have heard that the Thai consulate in Hull is a lot easier to deal with than the embassy in London.

STH

I got a one year non-immigrant 'O' visa from Hull in May this year. All I had to present was a letter from a friend in the UK to say that he would guarantee to pay for any bills I could not afford if I ran out of money, and to pay for my repatriation. No hassles whatsoever and I had my visa in less than 15 minutes. Having a home just over the river from Hull (in Cleethorpes) also helps, and if you time it right the visa can last for up to 16 months.

Website for the Hull embassy gives all the details you need:

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/Bvisas.htm

Don't give up so easily...

I just got a double entry visa ( 2 X 60 days), from the consulate in Birmingham, and my passport also shows recent trips. So I find your story rather perplexing.

From personal experience, this consulate is nothing but helpful - posted form + PPT Thursday, back Mon. What more can I say ? I don't see why the rules would be different for any of the others, and would be surprised if they were !

It would be a shame to give up, when the solution is so easy - but, it's your life, mate....

:beer:

Archived