Great News !

gobbledonk

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says artiew:

After months of maoning to you all about the fact that I didnt think I'd be able to rejoin the IT industry anytime this year,
I have landed a job as a Web Developer
in a regional centre some 600km from my current abode.

Artview,

Congratulations and the very best luck.

You fought, never gave up and win! :applause: :applause:

Townsville has too many unhappy memories for an old soldier. Come to think of it, so does Shoalwater Bay ....

Must be great thumbing a lift to Cairns to jump on a plane bound for Asia. So much better than spending 3 hours from Melbourne just to reach northern Oz ....

Congratulations on your success. I'm still looking, but not too hard. Probably will get highly motivated once my savings get to a predetermined level. Still coming for my second visit to BKK in Sept. (6 weeks) Luckily I have my military pension to fall back on but would still like to have a steady job. Good luck in your new job.

Bilklywan

Just where is it you are moving to? Cairns? I use lived in both Rockhampton and Mackay when I was teenager. I use to play for Narimbra soccer club and Mackay Wanderers as well as both Rockhampton and Mackay town clubs. Good times up there.

Steffi,

I am now safely ensconced in Rocky, having spent the last weekend driving back to Brissie for a second load of crap (aka 'possessions'...) and returning via known metropoli like Biloela. Anyone who gets bored in a regional centre needs to spend some time in some of the little towns which dot the highway between Brisbane and Rocky/Toowoomba/Townsville/wherever ...

New job is OK - good crew and I have a few weeks to get on top of the complexities of my role - cool.

Artiew,

I was up there on business last year and have to say that the Criterion hotel in the centre of town has some of the best damn steaks the other side of the Norman and Breakky Creek Hotels.

Cheers

Jaga

Archived