Great News !

gobbledonk

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BB,

My start date is April 1. Yeah - I know .... strange sense of humour up there in Troppo Land. I turn 44 on the 4th, so its a big week :)

As for 'LOS leave', I'll try to get 2 weeks leave before April next year, but my first priority is the job itself at the moment. This hole unemployment thing has opened my eyes - no more settling into a comfort zone and waiting for knockoff. Networking, teaching at TAFE a couple of nights a week : anything to ensure that I have other options in case the dreaded 'downsizing' comes back to my workplace.

Artie,

Good to see you did never loose it :) :)

I also started on an april 1st back in 1985 on my first job, and here also that day is a big deal.......

And I turn 48 on the 19th, we both are rams, the best :)

Cheers !

PS : is it not P127 birthday today ??? 48 years as well ?

Says artiew:

Troops,

After months of maoning to you all about the fact that I didnt think I'd be able to rejoin the IT industry anytime this year,
I have landed a job as a Web Developer
in a regional centre some 600km from my current abode. Hell of a commute, but them's the breaks
:)

Predictably, I had no help from a recruiter, and I continue to consider the majority of them as being a combination of incompetence and ambition. Perhaps they'd be happier in politics.

I'd like to thank those of you who have supported me during what has been an extremely trying time in my life. Thats one of the things that keeps me coming back to the baord - the humanity. If it were simply a bunch of guys discussing how they can get their rocks off cheaply, I wouldnt have made it past the first 100 or so posts
:neener:
:neener:

Special thanks to those in the IT industry who have been, or are still going thru, the same experience. Lets hope the industry can get back on its feet soon.

Congratulations.

Hope all goes well. TB NTG

Hi Artiew,

I'm just back from a trip to HKG and BKK. I'm glad to read that you've found a new job. :applause: Congrats to you. I hope that in spite of being busy again you'll find the time to share your opinion with us on this board. :)

Archived