Great News !

gobbledonk

Troops,

After months of maoning to you all about the fact that I didnt think I'd be able to rejoin the IT industry anytime this year, I have landed a job as a Web Developer in a regional centre some 600km from my current abode. Hell of a commute, but them's the breaks :)

Predictably, I had no help from a recruiter, and I continue to consider the majority of them as being a combination of incompetence and ambition. Perhaps they'd be happier in politics.

I'd like to thank those of you who have supported me during what has been an extremely trying time in my life. Thats one of the things that keeps me coming back to the baord - the humanity. If it were simply a bunch of guys discussing how they can get their rocks off cheaply, I wouldnt have made it past the first 100 or so posts :neener: :neener:

Special thanks to those in the IT industry who have been, or are still going thru, the same experience. Lets hope the industry can get back on its feet soon.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DOH ! Dont tell everyone, Bakkabon - you'll reveal my secret identity to the whole world. Fast Fred already knows who I am (based on his photo, I'm not anxious to know where he lives..). Ah well, we're all just mature adults discussing the best place to get laid - thats not a crime, is it fellas ? Er, fellas ?

Seriously, I am very much looking forward to escaping a city that is getting too big, too fast. Guess I've always been a country boy at heart :)

>TTM: I think things take off in March. 3-4 months of non-hiring come to be fed about now. Hope we get what we want.

> Artiew: I admire your optimism

Artie, that's what we exchanged a few weeks ago. Finally, you have benefited form "Queensland - Smart State".

Congratulations. Thanks for coming to the board to share the good news.

Says artiew:

DOH ! Dont tell everyone, Bakkabon - you'll reveal my secret identity to the whole world. Fast Fred already knows who I am (

Thank Christ you now have something to again occupy your daylight hours. Funnily enough I have plenty of family very close to where you will be moving. I gave them a call and they are really keen to move the family of 15 into the housing comission house right next door to you :D.

But seriously: Congratulations on your new start in the workforce at your advanced age :neener:

Thats OK - I have a Housing Commision house with a tribe of 15 behind me at the moment, so it will just like home :)

Although the area I currently live in has a pretty rugged reputation, my only complaint is with things like barking dogs, and even they arent as bad as the inner city. I am told that it was bad before I arrived - late night domestics, coppers pulling into driveways at 2am : all the fun stuff, but I dont hear any of that from my place. We have a lot more Islanders and Asians here now, and they are very family oriented compared to the white trash which used to populate the suburb.

R***y has some pretty big unemployment problems. I hope I'm not jumping from the fat into the fire on that score ...

Archived