Paying public utility bills whilst away?

Palatkik

very interesting question; i have investigated in this some time ago. it was not possible as banking systems and services were far behind. but after the crisis 1997 many banks started to improve very fast. maybe it's possible now.

i have organized it differently. the landlord pays for water, electricity, ubc etc. and the maid for telephones (so many bills with the international roamings of the mob, it's just crazy!)

Yes. And this service has been available for many years but 7-8 years ago banks did not have paperwork for CAT so you had to go to their office to fill out. Bank should be able to provide forms for Electric/Water/TOT/TA. Have been using Bangkok Bank for payment of all without any errors for about 8 years. Your account is directly billed by the utility and your receipt will show payment (normally now included with next months bill) and your bank book will show a withdrawal with indication to who (CAT for CAT). Believe it takes a month or two to get going but well worth the effort IMHO.

I likely will encounter this problem soon enough, when I anticipate a move to SEA. So, can't you just use your recent monthly bills to estimate average payments and just pay slightly over an extra month or so in advance...or more if you'll be away longer, creating a credit balance on your account(s). Won't the utilities just apply any credit balance to future charges...as they do in the States and elsewhere?

I get all my Phone, power, internet, rates, car bills

put onto my Visa card via direct debit.

I look up my bank in Australia and see all my bills

on my visa card.

I then transfer money from another account to pay

off the visa...toooo easy

cheers

Khunmi

Archived