Abortion by Tablets - Mifepristone

Girlfriend is in the early stages of pregnancy at 5 weeks, bad timing for both of us just now so have decided to terminate. I need advice of what private clinics might administer the "Abortion Drug" Mifepristone, is it available over the counter?

Looking forward to some early advice to a very stress ful situation for both of us.

Thanks

Not available over the counter (which is good, because this is not a drug that you want to use at home, there is a risk of bleeding and the drug requires injections).

As far as I know not available in drugstores in Thailand.

Not popular here, and I don't know whether it is used at all.

The place to go for abortions is Soi 12, Meechai's "Population Development Association" next to his restaurant "Cabbages and Condoms".

The oral medications mifepristone (RU486) and misoprostol (Cytotec) are a bit of trouble to use for pregnancy termination because they require more time and some side effects. Mifepristone has about an 85% success rate by itself; increases to about 95% with the addition of misoprostol. Side effects are G.I. cramping, nausea/vomiting, and partial expulsion leading to hemorrhage. Other problems with home therapy revolve around inaccurate dates of conception and possible need for microRhogam. Don't mess around with this-go to a medical doctor and get it done properly.

Archived