Problems phoning LOS?

Redbaron

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

butcher, I'm sorry but I can't find my way around your link :drunk: so please enlighten me: how much is a call from UK to LOS (mobiles) & can you call from a mobile in the UK paid over the mobile bill?

such an excellent option is Telediscount which charges 5p/20p landline/mobile on excellent connections ;)

please compare & let me know :bow:

shit ib you are right.

Just checked the site myself - it used to be simple when all they done was cheap phone calls - looks like they are trying everything now.

The 'telediscount' offer is pretty much the same sort of deal (similar to call0870.co.uk & countrycall.co.uk), but my wife normally calls Issarn, which the 0844 numbers do not normally connect to. And i'm afraid to say that this one is no exception. So the wife will have to continue using the wholesale call cards she has been using for now.

Handy link though!

Cheers..

>I'm calling her on her mobile (cell), and this problem has happened before, but I assumed it was the phonecard being a bit crap.

I use Apple calling cards (13 Oz cents to fixed, 40c to mobiles in Thai) every day. Tried almost all other el-chippos but Apple seems to be of the best quality.

As you know, Apple and other simmilar companies rent lines from Telstra and then, knowing nobody with crystal clear reception requirements would use them, try to cram as may simultanious users as possible.

Once per week I have to try 2-3 times due to "We regret there is currently conjestion..." message that comes from Telstra, not from Apple. That happens midday Oz time, 8am BKK.

Well, I went back and search the for the poster who recommended this card: http://www.urtalking.com/#phoneasia

So, my thanks to Rookie!

Here's the update. I bought a $10 "UTalk Asia" card from the site. One minute rounding, no access fee, taxes included, six month expiration.

I registered at the site so that in the future I will be able to pick up my pin number in real time. The first time takes a short while to process the registration, up to 12 hours, but in my case it took less than 2.

Anyway, credit card charges go through "PayPal" and so far I've called Bangkok, 5 cents and minute, and also a Thai cell phone, 13 cents a minute, from New York. Calls to provinces are 10 cent / minute.

I had to dial three times before the Bangkok line connected to a ring and then I had to call back to get a better connection. Once connected the line was clear and no interruptions during the 15 minute call. For 5 cents a minute I'd say that was pretty good considering that all calling cards I've ever used are subject to these problems.

The call to the Thai cell phone went right through and the connection was good during a 15 minute call. I'd say that's really great for 13 cents a minute.

BTW, the site has multiple card choices and one is as low as 3.6 to Bangkok and 9.9 to provinces and cell phones but with 3 minute rounding, not for me.

And no, I don't have a piece of the company, just passing on a good deal. :grinyes:

Archived