car hire recommendations please

Bembaman

• 2 weeks later...

>Q Cars, Suk, Soi 40, Ask for Hatch, Falang owned and alot cheaper than the multi nationals.

Just went there today (Monday, 7th of April). The soi is one way (from Sukh) and his shop is about 80m on the right.

Met Hatch, great guy, formalities are down to a minimum.

Got a 4WD for 1200Bht/day, pay 6 days, keep it 7.

All his vehicles are A1 insured, nothing more to pay.

The fleet is rather small, probably 15-20 cars, all look brand new or near brand new. I think big multinationals are not ahead of him.

From his itinerary, I gathered that main customers are people who take vehicles for 1 month+, one was going out for a year. But "no job to small" is his policy as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Koh Samui with the car rented from Hatch's shop. All fine, 1200Bht per day, A1 insurance.

Pay 6 days, drive 7, and when I returned the vehicle, Hatch was almost oferring me to keep her for free for a day or two if I wanted!

Being honest, I told him I could not do anything with the car, other than keep her in my security parking in the building.

Asked at the island about those small Suzuki jeeps. 850Bht per day, no insurance. Fully insured - 1450Bht per day.

With all those motorbikes on the road and Songkran, I would not go around uninsured.

There are even big signs along the roads reading "Remember to drive on the left side of the road"!

Archived