Ministry of Sound security thugs

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great advice. If nothing else, cause them some grief. Further, there may be a possibility of a damage claim against MOS, if it is headquartered in the U.K. I'm not a lawyer, but in the U.S., this could be possible if a subsidiary in another country is responsible for damages.

Would be interesting to get a copy of the police report too and let us know what it says. And what the outcome is. I'd even see if Trink would publish anything about it. He is in dire need of some "nightlife" topics these days.

Thanks chaps. He has sent me a private thank you.

Seriously though, I'm not sure that threatening lawsuits is the way to go in the UK. Same as Thailand, the polite but firm approach is much more inclined to work in the UK.

Getting mad will play into the hands of those who wish to see you as the aggressor.

Hopefully James may put his hand in his pocket and pay the hospital bills.

The more reasonable you sound, the less likely they are to believe that it was you that inflamed the situation.

I wish him good luck. I'm sure he didn't deserve such injuries.

Never, in any club that I have been involved in, will the doormen lose control on someone. They will always use the diplomatic and at worst, restrain and lead out of the premises.

Seemingly, the doorman system there, hasn't evolved to the standards that I am used to.

Says valentinoxxx:

Never, in any club that I have been involved in, will the doormen lose control on someone. They will always use the diplomatic and at worst, restrain and lead out of the premises.

Seemingly, the doorman system there, hasn't evolved to the standards that I am used to.

A brother of a girl I know works as security in one of the largest clubs in Pattaya. Bouncers working there are given a carte blanche to do whatever they want with rowdy folks to subdue whoever is causing problems. That has the positive effect of usually keeping everyone in line- but the negative aspect is that they can certainly get out of hand when there is a relatively minor offense. The security are no better there, in terms of mentality, than those inside go-go bars- if someone gets out of hand then all guards can unleash whatever personal frustrations they may have on that customer.

Back to the large dance clubs- with language being an issue at times, the guards are supposed to try and figure out what's going on if it looks like a situation is heated. But if someone is being physical then they will too. Sounds like the MOS security guards are hired from the same group with little more training.

I'm sure our poster friend here didn't appeciate seeing his friend getting rushed by 10 security guards, but if he laid a finger on any of the guards then they'd no doubt feel that he was trying to make trouble too and turn on him as well. Sounds like it got out of hand, though- no excuse for being aggressive with the girl unless she bottled a guard or whatever.

Writing to MOS UK is probably the best idea. He could go to Lumpinee and file a report, but for what overall objective? Trying to go directly after the security guards may get him into more trouble.

Cheers!

I'm sure our poster friend here didn't appeciate seeing his friend getting rushed by 10 security guards, but if he laid a finger on any of the guards then they'd no doubt feel that he was trying to make trouble too and turn on him as well.

[color:"blue"]

I don't the specifics of this situation or MOS security guards, but from my 2+ yrs observing securities in Suk area (go-gos, pool halls, Grace and etc.), I find 'em to be incredibly patient ... much more than anything I've seen in USA. They will absorb much heated verbal confrontations from farangs. However, if a farang ever initiate any physical contact, then all bets are off.

Never ever lay a finger on a security ...

[/color]

Archived