england squad

sfcfan

Says chocolat steve:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Limbo, Its hard to support the Dutch team with Van Nistle-dive in it (joking), but I do wish them well also. Is Jimmy Floyd considered too old or is he on the outs with the manager?

Hi Steve,

yes I know. After we didn't qualify for the WC I buried my orange shirt very deep in a box and it hasn't come out yet!! :(

Advocaat, our coach, sticks to the attacking combo of Kluivert/van Nistelrooy. Before the Chech game they played 224 minutes together without a goal between them Van Nistelrooy scored once in the last two games each, but I have to check if that was with Kluivert still on the pitch. Maybe one time.

On the bench are Makaay, Van Hooydonck and Hasselbaink. Tough shit isn't it :: :dunno:

A draw at home against the Chechs last saterday and a lucky win against Moldavia away, that's not the road to qualification.

For qualifying for the WC in Japan/Korea, we had draws at home and losses against Portugal and Ireland and couldn't wrap it up away neither, a 2-0 lead against Portugal with 2 Portuguese goals in the last 10 minutes and in Eire we lost. That was over and out.

The latter game I watched in an Irish pub as well :: :: :: :drunk::banghead::cussing: :onfire: :banghead::eek:

As I said earlier, these guys have to prove something but it isn't happening.

An interesting sidenote is that apperantly Kluivert and a few others were caught with a Danish business women in their rooms before a freindly in Denmark, which apparently upset van Gaal (the coach at that time) very much.

Ever since his stint with the Dutch national team he seems to have lost it as well.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived