Interesting Quote regarding exploitation

NokTang

"The Internet creates the illusion of equality, that there are no barriers, that it can lead to a mutual and reciprocal relationship," said Aurora Dedios, the executive director of the Coalition Against the Trafficking of Women, a non-governmental organization backing the bill. "It's very dangerous. It's very exploitative. The new technology facilitates sexual exploitation as never before."

This from the Philippines, however, one can expand on this and learn and agree in part. Some have found out the hard way, you realy don't know a person from chat or email. This inclusive of males, females, animals?. Just because you agree or disagree on forums such as this one, think you know a persons perspective etc., nothing is further from the truth.

kind regards,

Nok the Kook

Interesting thread.

The strangest part of the Internet experience is the almost universal acceptance of everyone's reality. This is particularly true in 2nd and 3rd world countries. Also amazingly true in NA.

While virtually everybody knows the 'Nigerian Bank Scam', I read that they still take in an estimated 5 BILLION US$ a year.

Do people using chat rooms really believe that everyone out there is 'honest' or 'real' like they are? :dunno:

Face to face scams are an art. But Internet ones are becoming a science. How many Penis enlargements, low mortgages, or free credit cards do we all need?

The answer... obviously a lot. No one will keep buying address lists if thing don't pay off.

I remember when the 'phone sex' ads started in Penthouse. Now this is NOT cheap advertising. So I figure give 12-18 months and it will all dry out.Now it is their leading advertisement, hell they could give the magazine away. After all I can see being lonely, depressed (been there too often) and a little drunk, so you want to talk to someone who is 'friendly' (as you whack off, i guess). Heck it's only costing 200 baht A MINUTE plus toll charges. But who does this more than once. One hell of a lot of people, minllions everyday. Makes LOS 'sex industry' pale by comparison....and they never even met anyone. Astounding. (Many 40+ 150 KG girls pull this off very well on the phone to make really good money)

So the Internet just ups the ante. Live cams, live feeds, chat rooms, etc. etc. The little stuff done by a few girls and organizations here is not (IMO) 5% of where it will be in 5 years. Who exploits who ? :dunno: a moot point. At least the virtual reality sex (that's another serious topic) won't have STDs. :grinyes:

Noktang,

I think I know where you are going with this, although it would seem that many of the members who have hooked up in the 'real world' have gotten on with one another quite well. I think the difference is that they havent formed sexual relationships (to the best of my knowledge), and thats where things usually get sticky, in my experience.

Do people, on this forum or elsewhere, misrepresent themselves online ? Of course they do ! All I can say is that the sheer effort expended by some of the 'old hands' to try to help people out with their queries (be they nightlife-related or otherwise) doesnt gel with the shallow, exploitative behaviour that I believe you are referring to. Would I sign my house over to a member whom I connect with online ? I think we'd have to embark on that sexual relationship I mentioned earlier :neener:

Mellow out : its just a discussion forum.

Would I sign my house over to a member whom I connect with online ? I think we'd have to embark on that sexual relationship I mentioned earlier

Your pplace or mine. Or do we jsu meet at Eden Club. :neener:

Sorry Artie , I can't resist a straight man setup. :hug:

I "think" you are confuseing things.

I was just posting a what I thought interesting perspective from an NGO lady(I assume) about false hopes and dreams created from chat or other internet forums.

This combined with personal experiences meeting "guys" from various boards. Nothing wrong with these meetings, I've made some good friends from same.

However, there is another side of this. When you are gracious or take the "chance" it can backfire. Have your guard up is all I can say, you cannot judge a book by its cover, but it is your life.

Without digressing on Philippine girls, suffice to say they are desparate to get OUT of the Philippines so they can support the family who remains. It is just the way it is there.

Nok the Kook

And if you just give me authority over your bank account and details I'll let you have 10% of it

Not a problem. But first you while have to forward a small administration fee to cover the paperwork. :grinyes:

Archived