Recommended Barbers' in BKK?

redwood13

actually I've only heard about those 'scammingt' mall hair saloons, but I just assumed at least they'd be proficent in cutting hair :dunno:

maybe try the gay saloon next time - I can't believe they'll try to scam anyone :grinyes:

p.s. maybe the reason I recommend the upmarket saloons these days is after I had my hair washed by the sexiest european girl I ever saw in a Vienna saloon. wasn't able to get her numbers though :banghead:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minuman:

This time around I'd appreciate some tips on where to go to get my hair shaped up again... I'm looking for a place that's experienced in dealing with western hair (quite different to the asian) and modern, longer styles... Anywhere along the BTS-line is fine, or not too far away from it.

Thank you, and excuse me for such a sissy(?) topic. I just take my hair pretty seriously.
:dunno:

don't ask me! :grinyes:

Says ib13:

maybe try the gay saloon next time - I can't believe they'll try to scam anyone
:grinyes:

Ever seen a stat stating the number of male gay barbers? I estimate, they are very high.

However, besides this, I got the impression, the service given from a male barber (read: the quality of hair-cut!) is imo usually higher than from a female one.

Says Peter1964:

Says ib13:

maybe try the gay saloon next time - I can't believe they'll try to scam anyone
:grinyes:

Ever seen a stat stating the number of male gay barbers? I estimate, they are very high.

However, besides this, I got the impression, the service given from a male barber (read: the quality of hair-cut!) is imo usually higher than from a female one.

My psychologist once told me ( free of charge ) that a hair cut is best done by a gay male. Never followed up on that part of the treatment, but when I got back to Bangkok I was desperate for a hair cut. Trembling that I would stumble into some headshed shop and get a piece of shit cut ( or worst ) which would have lasted for the second part of my holiday I sat down in a chair in S.S Square. First floor, at the back. Hoping for the best, but knowing that I was totally out of control of what would be happening to my hair next. She washed my hair, cut it and well, that was all. I left still hoping for more.

More of what I not sure but I'm thinking she could have blown dry it and dab a bit of jell into it or even washed it again.

But a true crime occured before sitting down. I asked a head of time how much it would cost and sat down when she told me 300 baht. When I got up and went to leave the price suddenly shot up to 400 baht. No tip for this lady. I paid up and left thinking and feeling that due to my foreign visitors status that I just paid for and received my first Royal bum's rush hair cut. :) :)

Snap and snatch barbering robbery it was.

::

I remember going to a muslim barber close to my uncles place and the GPO. He cut my hair in a typical asian box cut, I dont know how he did it because I tried getting a box cut in Canada and it was a desaster but for some reason the Thai barber managed to pull it off asian style lol. I was not expecting it but it looked really good and I looked like a thai HAHAHA! it was great!

So Minuman, did you get it cut? Did they fuck it up that bad that you will not share?

In my earlier post I mentioned that my father was a barber and then there were some posts about 'gay' male hairdressers. I would like to state for the record that while my father is very happy he is certainly not gay.

Says culturecypher:

In my earlier post I mentioned that my father was a barber and then there were some posts about 'gay' male hairdressers. I would like to state for the record that while my father is very happy he is certainly not gay.

Male barbers are not gay. But male hair stylist are! :D

2 weeks ago, God is it really so long ago now? I paid 700 Baht for a facial massage, manicure, scalp, neck, shoulder, arm and hand massage and a hair cut at Best Barbers near Starbucks on Suk Rd, it was the cute uniforms that got me! The best part was the facial massage, - first time I have had one and will definetly go back for more! Hair cut was fair!

Thaipan

I too am always uneasy about getting someone different to cut my hair and like you, a haircut does matter. You never know what you're going to get then you have to live with it for about a month.

According to my needs a GTG recommended I go try any of those MBK salons right off the BTS. It costs 400 Baht. Any of the stylists (gay or not) are well qualified and look pretty serious about their work so it puts me at ease. You get a good haircut, shampoo and as a plus you get that hip, "Beverly Hills" environment I would never expect to do on a regular basis except in BKK. Stress free cutting. I like it! :)

Archived