Recommended Barbers' in BKK?

redwood13

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not try on of the many salons on/around Sukhumvit? You know, the ones that charge 400+ for a hair cut, and have lots of beautiful women around, who treat you like crap once you enter...run up your bill to 600-700+ before you end...all fun! :)

Seriously, if you try one of the smaller ones, their main clientel is farang/western so you shouldn't have a problem. I can recomend Lek salon on soi 5, passed Foodland on the same side. Near a middle eastern mall of sorts, the entrance in on Soi 5, there is another one next to it in the mall, but no idea on quality as I have never been. Also good is the one next to the Thai house Inn just down the alley from the Soi 7 beer garden, forget the name.

Guys,

On a similar note : what is the right price to pay for a normal haircut (no additional services!!!!) :banghead: in Bangkok. It seems the range is quite large from 50 Baht all the way out to 500 Baht. So what is the right market price for a hair cut?

SB.

I just got a GREAT haircut at King's Salon on Soi 1. Just across the street from Tilac restaurant and towards sukumvit by like 50 yards. Blue sign - 100 baht. My father is a barber and the more slender of the two working there gave me a great haircut. All I had to say was "I like it short".

I have had my fair share of bad haircuts at LOS. I recommend that you sit and watch for a while and see if they know what they are doing. I employed this tactic last saturday and ended up with a proper cut.

good luck

I think everything is said in your post and the posts above: Something between THB 50 and THB 500, depending on where your barber is located.

I usually pay THB 200, barber shop located on sukh, lower soi, no extras (located between soi 5 and soi 7, take the second one towards soi 7, ask for the male barber and you can't be wrong). No problems with giving a THB 50 tip too.

I will still add that for decent haircuts goto siam sq. or some mall for high qual. stuff. I've had my share of the cheap crappy ones in the 100bt range & never with extras even soi5,soi24/26,soi11/1,soi4(T-barber) are popular areas for extras/massage to go with the haircut :hubba:

I have never been to "upmarket" barbers in the malls. Do you think, they are worth the money? Have you ever experienced the behavior OH mentioned ("the ones that charge 400+ for a hair cut, and have lots of beautiful women around, who treat you like crap once you enter...run up your bill to 600-700+ before you end...all fun!")?

Archived