Laundry Service

Dr. Cop

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Bangkok, just past Dynasty Inn, a beauty shop has a drop service laundry. The cloths are washed upstairs of same. These are the same people who used to have the shop in Nana Plaza itself. (Dynasty Inn accross the street from Nana Hotel, cannot miss it)

Laundry a pain in the ass in Bangkok for some reason. Avoid Ambassador, a complete rip off service there. Some people have said there is a place on Soi 5 also, near FoodLand but I have never seen nor used it. Express service is available at the one above, otherwise, basically 24-36hour service.

It is relatively inexpensive, by the item vs. Kilo which seems the norm in Thailand.

In Pattaya, laundry drop's all over town. Would depend where you stay etc..

The one in refered in BKK is apx half what hotels charge,

The ones in Pattaya are about 2/3 the price of the one in BKK. I know of one on Soi 7 in Pattaya, however, you would want one close to your hotel so reccomend you just poke around a bit.

cheers

Nok the Kook

JUst go on a little walk about in BKK and you will come across a few laundry places. Should be significantly cheaper then any hotel. If you drop it off early in the morning, I have never had any problems getting it back the same day around 5 or 6 pm.

In Pattaya, they are all over the place, should not be a problem.

ZMAN

At risk of sounding like a tight arse... you could do what I do:

Put all your clothes to be washed in the bath with detergent and water and get in and run up-and-down on them for 10 minutes. Gets them clean, free and good exercise too... especially when you've been sitting on your farang-arse all day in a bar. You'll need one of those portable clothes lines, (or a piece of string or cord) to hang your clothes in your room. :)

"At risk of sounding like a tight arse... you could do what I do"

Good advice indeed!

Thats not a tight arse at all - laundry bills from the hotel can be quite big. It would leave some money to tip the dek serves to keep jjsushi happy (see the other thread) :D :D

Cheers!

I have been known to put a shirt in the bathroom sink in my hotel and wash it by hand. I have found it way more convient to go outside the hotel to find a laundry shop, spend a couple hundred baht at the most and have it done. Cleaned and ironed and folded too.

ZMAN

Anyone know of a laundry in BKK that will pick up at your hotel and deliver back?

In Chiangmai there is one excellent laundry: the American Laundry on Huai Kaew Rd, that will pick up and deliver once or twice a week at no extra charge, if I remember correctly.

Even if you drop off or use one of their coin machines, it is by far the best in Thailand. They also do dry cleaning and don't trash your clothes, unlike even some big hotel laundries.

Too bad there is none in BKK.

At the Westin Chiangmai, it is 75B to launder a 50B T shirt from the night bazaar. Cheaper to just throw them away and wear a new one every day.

Archived