Laundry Service

Dr. Cop

Haha, sense at last.

Cheaper to buy a couple of new shirts in Thailand.

Especially with the rip-off prices of the better hotels!

Not sure what telling people people of a laundry in Chiangmai has to do with someone wanting laundry done in Bangkok!

I'm the cheap Charlie who hates tipping the service staff more than 20 baht on my 1000 baht bill. But I sure prefer to put my dirty skivvies in a plastic bag and give it to the hotel maid than walk all over Bangkok with it!

;)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...Some people have said there is a place on Soi 5 also, near FoodLand but I have never seen nor used it..."

A very good friend of mine owns a laundry shop on the ally between Soi 5 and Soi 7 a few doors up from Thai House Inn, above the internet cafe. Resonable prices and excellent service! Hotels seem to charge a very high rate, but it is convienient...

Is that the place that shares an upstairs area (above the internet shop) with some sort of hotel? When i was up there, there were people sleeping all over the place. I had terrible service there....They would tell me come back at 7pm to get clothes, then there would be noone there. Then i'd go back the next day to try to get my clothes and they would say "we were out eating food(In thai--noone spoke english, of course). But not all laundry places are perfect. Those "KP" outlets (about 5 of them around town) sometimes give you someone else's clothes back; sometimes they are late; and one other place lost one of my t-shirts (in that case, i went back the next day and demanded 50 baht compensation, which they finally gave to me....i didn't care much about the money, just their attitude...so i demanded compensation).

Sounds like the place, by location. As for a hotel, no, it is a rooming house, where many of the girls live. Not sure when you went to the shop, but the owner speaks excellent English, her niece on the other hand... :) I have always had excellent service there. Usually they take in the clothes, start the washing/ironing and if they need to go out, are back before 7 maybe you hit them on a bad day or so...? Like I said, I have known the owner for years, very good friend, and I have never had a problem.

I do recall using a service a few years back, forget which one, and I did get the wrong clothes back, what a hassle, they insisted the clothes were mine even if they didn't fit! :) Come to think of it, a lot of laundry shops seem to be a bit flighty! :)

"..In Bangkok, just past Dynasty Inn, a beauty shop has a drop service laundry..."

I think shop is called Elegance. Never had my clothes done there, but I did date one of the girls there during an extended stay...prices for haircuts are extreamely expensive, as were the laundry prices I saw on the list...

Which girl did you date? we need to talk...are you in Hawaii and engaged to that one beauty?

Anyhow, the prices were LOWER than the place you reccomended on that alley soi 5/7. If you refer to "Internet Station" which has another drop/cafe near Clinton Plaza.

Laundry a pain in the ass in Bangkok. I wear big sizes and cannot simply buy and burn/toss as you little guys can.

regards

Nok

[color:"green"] I think shop is called Elegance. Never had my clothes done there, but I did date one of the girls there during an extended stay...prices for haircuts are extreamely expensive, as were the laundry prices I saw on the list... [/color]

Is the place next to Charm bar? If so I got a haircut there for 200 Baht which I thought is quite reasonable. I also get my laundry done there.

"...If you refer to "Internet Station" which has another drop/cafe near Clinton Plaza..."

The laundry station is no longer affiliated with internet staion business/partner wise, still all friends though. Currently, the owner (of the laundry) is in England, this could explain any problems you may have had...in general, a decent shop. As for being big sized, join the club! I know guys who go over with nothing, and buy stuff each trip, then either stash it, or toss it, or bring it home and give it away...oh pity us "big guys!!" :)

Archived