Old hand... (finally) fleeced by freelancer...

I agree with Jasmine--I've come across lots of girls who speak english well and are not the Theerada kind. Since i wrote last, I found out from a good friend that in effect--quite contrary to what she told me--she is a daily regular at the Biergarten, and not just a freelancer who pops in when desparately needing money for her daughter... Fooled again...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<I've come across lots of girls who speak english well and are not the Theerada kind>>

Exactly what is ''Theerada'' English??

Says Nicholas:

Your comment about the $300--why would she go for a whole week for that extra amount when she can make that much otherwise??--is the one that has really been bothering me. Perhaps she genuinely was looking for someone as a partner?

Or maybe "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". Or maybe she just liked you. Or maybe she was just plain nuts. :rolleyes:

If I was looking for a whacked out neurotic, I would start by looking in th BierGarten. I have met many there without looking and it was hard to tell until you got to know them a bit. :doah:

Says jasmine:

[color:"red"]I am always suspicious of the ones that speak English well.

[/color]

Not fair!!! sob, sob Boo Hoo
:banghead:

Jasmine
:devil:
::

It's nothing to do with English. The key phrase that Nicolas should be banging his head to while re-reading is "my favorite place around Nana remains the Biergarten on Soi 7. About two weeks ago, I spotted an absolutely incredible looking girl across the bar in early afternoon, with an unbelievable smile which she flashed at me across the bar.."

Since when do nice girls with innocent motives spend their time in a Soi 7, German-beer-belly oriented dump? :dunno:

Bibblies--

I think you are right on target--that should have been the first (and final) clue... Especially since she had already been trying to chat up a German guy next to her, and started flashing her eyelashes at me when he proved uninterested... I repeat freely and frankly, I was one stupid idiot to break my cardinal rule of no longer than one night per bargirl!! And then to invite her to Phnom Penh for a week!! I cringe myself at the thought at this point. Alas, at that point it seemed like a heavenly idea!!

Nich

[color:"green"] I repeat freely and frankly, I was one stupid idiot to break my cardinal rule of no longer than one night per bargirl!! And then to invite her to Phnom Penh for a week!! [/color]

Well, you had a great time with her in PP, right? So remember the good times and now you have a war story to tell your pals. ::

I walked out into the Tesco parking lot one night, and this fellow was bent over staring at the ground under one of the street lights.

"Drop somehting?" I asked

"Yeah, my car keys."

"Where did you drop them?"

"Over there near my car" He said indicating a dark corner of the lot.

"They why are you looking for them over here"? I asked discredulously.

"Because the light is much better over here."

Sorry to dredge up this old one, but it reminds me of why some of us get sucked in by these con artists. We may think we are looking for a night of fun and excitement, but some part of us is looking for love, and we are looking in exactly the wrong place. The problem is women are much easier to find in a bar. After that, hormones take over and a heart (and maybe a wallet) are broken.

The bar is the wrong place to find more than a night, or a few days at most, of fun. It took me a number of bad experiences and then some outstanding good luck to realize this.

RickF.

Just reading your post and this freelancer sounds like a Jenny I know, dose she wear glasses speaks very good English and dresses very well, if so I have a female friend who owns a bar in Asoke Soi 21, on the corner near Soi Cowboy she has a girlfriend who visit her from time to time with the same description who works freelance a friend of mine got fleeced by her last year when he went to say Hi to my friend who owns the bar, I?m not saying it?s the same girl but could be. :cussing:

Alfmaz--

I wonder? Jenny made a great deal out of the fact that she had an expensive pair of glasses stolen a few months ago--and kept saying she couldn't see so well without her glasses. So obviously she must have been wearing them at one point. If you want to know I can send you a picture of Jenny to your PM. Let me know. I must say this woman was extremely skilled at what she did; if I weren't so ticked off I'd be impressed!

As for Shygye--I guess you're right: I had an absolutely great time with her in PP, the money didn't really matter, so I should just relish the war story and move on...

Nich

Archived