Old hand... (finally) fleeced by freelancer...

[color:"green"] I repeat freely and frankly, I was one stupid idiot to break my cardinal rule of no longer than one night per bargirl!! And then to invite her to Phnom Penh for a week!! [/color]

Always was more fun for mee to keep the BG for more than one night. Found one-night stands to be rather disapointing.

But then it can be difficult to stay at the business transaction level all the time....

I met my mate november 2001 and we live happily together since, far from the scene. Things do happen ::

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no shame in being conned. All of us at some point in our lives have been conned. There are some of us in LOS that have been or are being conned and sadly never even realise it happened or it is happening.

What we sometimes fail to see however is that whether its your 1st trip or 100th, if you think you can not be conned or are too experienced to be conned, you're setting yourself up to be. Not saying it was the case in this matter, I wasn't there. But we all think we know the scene and LOS in general good enough where we can't. I sometimes do, but have to remind myself that I can be. By respecting the fact you do not know everything and that you can be, it makes it harder to be conned.

I've also noticed that there are some guys who are immediately aware of the game and the 'scene' early on and are very careful after numerous trips. However, at some point, after numerous times being in the scene their guard drops. They get tired of the scene or same type of girls and a girl who they would otherwise have been aware of in the past, they are surprisingly susceptible to because she was different than the usual.

Maybe this girl caught you on an 'off' night. Or at a point in your life where you were looking for more than what the scene offers. I would probably guess had this been another time, maybe even a week earlier, this girl would not have been able to 'fleece' you.

But you live and learn. You got off cheap. You could have fell in love, married her, bought a house, had children, etc.

I think you got off cheap. 300 after all is not very much.

Your ego will take longer to recover however.

THe problem with only going with working girls is that sooner or later you are going to get burnt because at the end of the day we all get lonely and need emotional support and if we do not have a girlfriend we may look for it in the wrong places.

The best course of action is to get a good girlfriend and then do some part time whoremongering.

Remember if you play with fire often enough you will get burnt.

Guest lazyphil

Just replying in general Steve.....

Three years down the line and I'm/we're very happy my guard went down on that fatefull evening down Patong beach way, still going strong, besides I've got very little to get conned/fleeced out of :cussing: Despite popular belief not all working girls are heartless, gold digging bitches. Diamonds are out there. Just tread carefully.

Says chocolat steve:

Maybe this girl caught you on an 'off' night. Or at a point in your life where you were looking for more than what the scene offers. I would probably guess had this been another time, maybe even a week earlier, this girl would not have been able to 'fleece' you.

___

Chocolat Steve--

Wise and true words. Like many veterans I sometimes tend to think I'm immune to this, but your're right, I think I was at that point, that particular afternoon, when i was looking for more than what the scene had to offer--and unfortunately I ran across Theerada. As Zorro said and others, I got off cheap (at least financially), so I should try and forget the whole episode. The only thing that makes me still angry is that Theerada has been saying nasty things to mutual friends at the Biergarten since our return... I guess it's time to move on....

Nich

Even a week later I must admit that I remain astounded that this happened to me after all these years...

---------------------------------

isn't it so much like these guys who mix up 3 cards in front of us in a NY street, make it look so easy to win, and when you play, feeling confident you won everytime in "pretend" mode, you lose....

Both losses have the same consolation; no one stuck a gun to your head, you can ask yourself why you went for it, having be warned or experienced for so many years. I am sorry to insist, but to me, that proves that most guys, even the multi-repeat travellers (like me, BTW), are looking for something else than just physical fun. Romance, at least, and if you do not lose that romantic side of you, and your shirt at the same time of course, i say you still are the winner, with accrued experience (just use it, next time ;)!).

Life is full of ironies.

Most men go to Thailand to fulfill a desire to screw as many young beautiful ladies as possible with no emotional attachment but when eventually we have screwed ourselves silly we start looking for emotional attachment .

The problem is we often look in the wrong places.

Guest lazyphil

<<The problem is we often look in the wrong places>>

Yes and no. I think those of us who have screwed ourselves silly, or even just dabbled once or twice and expect a nbg to be interested in them to be hypocrytical to say the least, particually if your tired of the feeling of being fleeced by bgs, if you can find your soul mate in the p4p areas I think it can make for a comfortable life together (you understand exactly where your both coming from). Lets put it this way, hypothetically if I was dating a nbg after lots of p4p and she wasn't too broard minded and I felt uncomfortable in telling her my past I couldn't bring myself to live the lie. If you can find this broardminded nbg, thats great. But the way i see it, all that cross the line (both seller and buyer) no matter if it was just a couple of times theres no going back...you have to accept what has happened no matter how uncomfortable you feel about it, and if you dont have a problem with how you feel about it then why should you worry about the bg...she did it for finacial gain for family etc (ok some obsess about fashion and the latest cellphone), most blokes do it out of selfish, decadent reasons.

Perhaps we all have some Jekyll and Hyde in us and you encountered hers. Could be that she was able to show you her good side when out of BKK but reverted to the Biergarten regular when back in BKK.

In reading your post it seemed to me that were it not for your hurt feelings you probably got a real bargain. The $300 was probably about the extra you would have spent with a girl from NEP, with barfine and extra high rate. So, as you yourself indicated, the money wasn't an issue. And it sounded like you had a wonderful companion on your trip and great sex on top of it. Quite a good deal actually.

Perhaps in time you can look on the experience in a more positve light.

Archived