Emirates-charge for 3 months baby?

Bembaman

this always amaze's me.

becauseof the Gulf conflict and the SARS scare,many Airlines are complaining about bookings dropping off.

no-one wants to travel and they are having to cancel so many flights.

so why put these stupid surcharges on children?.

do they want custom from the likes of us?

if i was told i had to pay xx amount for a child when the flights are quiet,i would say 'no thanks,you've blown it'

if they are that desparate,they should be giving us concession at this time i they want to keep up their proits.

Aloha.........This surcharge is not anything new. This didn't just spring up as a money maker for airlines. Believe me, 10 or 15 percent of an already ridiculously low fare is not making much money for an airline. I work at a U.S. airline with a bunch of guys that have been around for 35+ years. They say the fares now are lower than when they started. I have 15 years in and can say that they are lower now than when I started. People seem to forget sometimes, airlines are a business. Businesses want to make money. As shameful as it may sound, airlines like to make money. So telling an airline you wouldn't fly them because they are charging 15 percent of an adult fare for an infant really doesn't make any sense. If you are thinking you would go to the next one to buy, you would be walking to your destination because this is common practice. I am sure this will fall in deaf ears but I feel better now. 15 more days and I am on my way!!!!

Archived