apartments

Ive just come back from a 3 1/2 week stay in Bangkok staying at the Majestic Suites.

I am planning on returning to LOS to see my girlfriend for 3 months and was wondering if anyone can recommend some apartments.

I looked at President Place (Le Merridian) but I would need to rent for 12 months the same goes for Grand Diamond..

I had a brief look at some apartments on soi 12 (i think) same soi as Darling Massage whatever that is..

Looking at paying around 20,000-35000 per month.

Regards

Pussyraider

quote:

Originally posted by themayorofpattaya:

President Apartments Soi 15 behind Ambassador Hotel Baht 32,000 per month and excellent place to stay.

What configuration was the apartment you stayed in? How big 120sq+?

Regards

Pussyraider

quote:

Originally posted by themayorofpattaya:

There's a lot of places around, there's an over supply in Bangkok, just spend some time looking and check out the ads in the Bangkok Post. Prices seem to range from Baht 5,000 to Baht 30,000+ but you get what you pay for. Above Baht 20,000 you should be getting some style and luxury.

Interestingly enough, there actually seems to be a bit of a shortage now around the lower Sukhumvit area as this summer rents are starting to creep up for the first time since 'the troubles' 4 years ago. We just had B5000 a month whacked on our rent though they have reduced it to B3000 after we said we would leave, along with several other tenants. Friends staying around the corner in Soi 11 are also facing a big increase on renewal of their lease.

Pussyraider, what do you want most, space or luxury? Fully or part furnished? How many bedrooms? What other facilities do you want? Serviced or unserviced?

I have been looking around a bit since news of the increase so have a few suggestions if you give me more details.

As a comparison. We live in quite an old Indian-owned block. We have 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a big living room, big kitchen, maids quarters, 2 balconies, decent swimming pool, sauna, garden, theoretical squash court and gym, furnished to a basic level. We will have to pay B28,000 if we decide to stay there which we might because of the sheer convenience. (It is 1 minute's walk to where I work!). In the very next building

a much newer apartment of similar size all done out with bright shiny new furniture and including TVs and microwaves and stuff is offered at B65,000 though probably goes for B50,000.

You pays yer money ....

LG

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: Long Gun ]

quote:

Originally posted by Long Gun:

Interestingly enough, there actually

Pussyraider, what do you want most, space or luxury? Fully or part furnished? How many bedrooms? What other facilities do you want? Serviced or unserviced?

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: Long Gun ]

I guess space is the main thing. Doesnt have to be fully funished. My main concerns are that the bathroom(s) are of western standard and clean. As long as everything is solid and not going to fall apart.

I would be after 100sqm+ 2 bedrooms large living area , bath, kitchen and aircon. Not fussed if its serviced or not..

Thanks for your help.

Pussyraider

120 sq. m. + you must be looking for a penthouse!!

There's a few wings to the place and I've stayed in 2 of tehm.

One is studio apartments, about 50 sq. m. with a jitchenette including microwave and kettle, plates, cups etc. The bathroom doesn't have a bath but a really nice shower setup. The bed / living room has T.V. and Hi Fi and video. Everything is remote control, lights, curtains, T.V., the lot. Very luxurious.

The other wing I stayed in was more of a 1 bedroom apartment. Not as luxurious, no remotes, but about 80 sq. m. with seprerate bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, living room. Again T.V. etc supplied.

The same people have the President Park on Sukhumvit Soi 24 with the same sort of set up and deals.

Both places have a coffee shop with reasonably priced and good meals.

I've only stayed 1 or 2 nights when visiting Bangkok but noticed the price list on the wall for reference just in case I get a job in BKK.

There's a lot of places around, there's an over supply in Bangkok, just spend some time looking and check out the ads in the Bangkok Post. Prices seem to range from Baht 5,000 to Baht 30,000+ but you get what you pay for. Above Baht 20,000 you should be getting some style and luxury.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived