6/4/03: Songkran started

pattaya127

Dam It! I did not expect that. just coming back from a long ride on the motobike, around Chiang mai, i had to take a road which goes thru dozens of little villages, and in every one of them, kids were waiting to splash buckets of water at anyone riding by.So, here it is, one week before Songkran... and I've had enough of it already!

PS:I was able to "mai ao" a few buckets, not all, unfortunately.....

Hi pattaya127,

That is good news ::

I read last week that they may cancel Songkran this year

because of SARS :(

I'm glad they didn't, I enjoy Songkran and see how much the Thai people enjoy this time of year throwing gallons of water

on to them selfs, and foreigners :neener: :neener:

paulc31 :angel::grinyes:

I was up there last weekend out in the country and same same. Kids were lined up and splashing on 5 April.

It always gets started early in Chiang Mai and lasts until a few days after the "official" holiday.

Songkran in CM is good fun. I'll be flying up tomorrow for my third CM Songkran in a row. ::

got soaked at 4am this morning walking along soi cowboy after playing pool upstairs at SW.

Didn't remember anything until I went to pay the girl to leave and all my cash was still a bit wet. Muist of been pissed but now remember getting the little thai sod back.

Archived