Anne Frank's diary in Thai

limbo

Says Zaad:

Just to confirm your comments about Anne Frank's diary..my wife was fascinated by the story and aksed me to bring her to Anne's hiding place in Amsterdam. So we did.
;)

Zaad,

Yep, I was there last week as well with the GF, and she was fascinated as well.........

It was a new world for her to discover, she learned a lot.

I also had to buy the book, but in english :)

Cheers !

For anyone in Thailand and have UBC there will be a program (documentary, movie or miniseries I'm not sure) about Anne Frank showing soon. Sorry I can't give more details but I was listening to the announcement and holding a conversation at the same time.

My missus has also got a copy of this. We (are in the UK) just watched the Anne Frank movie and she was interested. Would like to know where to pick up a copy of 'Grapes of Wrath' in Thai. ahve seen a few pieces of decent western literature translated inot Thai - 'The Stranger' by Camus was one and 'The Name of the Rose' by Umberto Eco. They seem to disappear quickly off the shelves though - anyone know of a place in BKK that has a good stock ?

• 1 month later...

Not exactly Anne Frank, but I took my gf to a screening of the movie the pianist. Very impressive movie, and to my happy surprise she was interested as well.

I am actually planning on bringing her to Kburi to show her it also was Thailand.

CM

Archived