Visa Extension

Chuckles

I will be coming back to Thailand in June and will be staying for 103 days, I know I can get a 60 day Visa and a 30 day extension fairly easy, but I do not want to really do a Visa run for the last 13 days, does any one have any suggestions. What requirements are needed for a non-immig Visa?

Any help would e great

Chuckles

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info, I checked the Thai consulate website for Vancouver, and one can get a double or a tripple entry Visa, but you have to leave Thailand before the first one expires to activate the second, you can return to Thailand the same day, so what would be the quickest place to leave Thailand from bangkok and how long for return trip.

Chuckles

As danish12 has said, you can get two extensions on your first visa, giving you around 104 days. Just before that is up, yes, you will have to do a border crossing.

103 days in Bangkok?

I guess the quickest would be a flight to Singapore.(5000 baht return)

Otherwise, maybe a bus to Trat(187 baht) and then onwards to Hat Lek and to the border with Cambodia.

I'm sure others can help here.

It seems that the one visa may cover your needs though.

I would not plan on more than 90 days on any one visa entry so getting a double entry tourist visa and making a border run after sixty days would do it. Also a single visa, extended and then a border run for a 30 day entry would do it (but more trouble).

Understand there is daily van service from Koh San Road travel offices to the Cambodia border; leave in morning and return that night.

The wild card this year is SARS as nobody knows what that situation may be.

What about these outfits that will do the Visa run for you, are they good or are they rip offs?

If you check the price believe rip off would be a fitting term. As could the term illegal and extremely dangerous. Can you provide the answers when Mr. John Doe on the worlds most wanted list is arrested at the border crossing using your passport? I know that is the exception but strongly advise against using them.

Keep in mind the SARS issue could fuck up Singapore, and that Cambodia has really bad luck internationally. Don't push it to the last minute. Make a plan that gives you at least 7 days to figure out an emergency 'plan b' when something unexpected happens.

You really want to have a stress free last couple of weeks....

Sometimes, they get rumbled.

I get a double or triple entry visa, just in case I need to stay longer than planned.

A triple entry will give you around nine and a half months before you will need to use the 30 day visa waiver.

Archived