Visa Extension

Chuckles

It is correct what danish says, a second extension is not unusual

Yes. Just got my 14 day extension on a 60 day tourist visa that had been extended 30 days already. Note this 2 week extension starts from the day you go to get it stamped, not from when the 30 day extension ends. So you want to show up at the end of the 30 day period to take full advantage. However, getting this 2nd extension does seem to go through some extra scrutiny and finishes up with an extra step going upstairs to have an officer approve it.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, my visa is for 4 entries, so 2 have been used up so far. I'll go to Malaysia before the time is up and get the extra 60 or so days, so that clears it up. Thanks guys. I assume there are no restrictions on the number of times you can get the visa extended in this way, as it's already been extended by a few days after coming back into Thailand from PI.

• 2 weeks later...

One more question actually...my visa will expire on the 25th of this month, so by exiting Thailand on, say, the 23rd will it get stamped with the extra 30 days from that date...or will it get stamped with the extension on the way back in? I am not planning to return on the same day (rather spend 2 weeks in Japan) so don't want to find myself trying to re-enter Thailand when they haven't given me an extension..

I'll be doing my first ever visa run next week while on the way back from Koh Chang. I plan to pop over the Cambodian border for as little time as possible then back again, to get my Non-Imm 0 multi-entry visa extended by 30 days. Can anyone give me any additional info on going about this, as in how to get from Trad to the border, any fees to pay, photos needed etc? Cheers.

Maybe this type of visa is different from the tourist visa. A multi entry tourist visa gives you an extra 60 days when you cross a border and come back. This is then extendable at a Thai immigration office by 30 days.

"Non-immigrant ?O?, meaning ?other?, covers categories such as those foreigners with Thai dependants."

You'll have to do a search for the visa run info. Gotta go.

You can not extend a non-immigrant visa beyond the 90 day entry as a matter of crossing a border. You seem to have a multi entry that expires this week. You need to exit/return and you will receive another 90 day entry. If you still plan to travel during that 90 days (Japan?) you will need a re-entry permit before you leave Thailand. You can get from immigration or at the airport in Terminal 1 after you check in for your flight but before going through immigration.

Take my above post back (which was based on information only from your last post). From your other posts is seems you do not have any current visa, your "tourist" visa having expired on May 8. So you will receive 30 day stamp if you make a trip this week and return.

Archived