Thai Stamps

I'm an avid stamp collector and would like to acquire Thai stamps (preferably in mint and non hinged condition) while on my next trip to Thailand.

Would like to kill two birds with one stone, eh?

-PizzaMan

I always pick up stamps in LOS. I usually get them at the post office at the BKK airport when I am leaving (after passport control). They have a big board showing everything available. Don't bother looking at it. It won't be what they have. The girl has a big book with a good selection. No lines and the stamps will be in good shape when you get home. Bigger post offices have better selection but not as friendly and the stamps may get ruined by beer or bodily fluids before they make it into your suitcase!

There is a stamp shop at the world trade center on the fourth floor that I would recommend. The week-end market also have a few street dealers. The stamp shop that is held every weekend in the parking lot of the main post office on New Road is also recommended. ggf

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all of you for your valuable replies. By the way, I have searched Internet extensively for Thai stamps but have found out that the quoted prices for the stamps are too high. One site is even asking premium over the Scott's catalog prices. I love collecting them but I am not blind :) I guess, I will have lots of fun doing leg work to hunt for good quality stamps with out going broke. Believe me, the prices can add up fast to $$$$.

For folks, currently in Bangkok, let me know if you need any supplies/stamps/items from US, I will be glad to make a contact and bring them to you at cost.

Okay one more question, will it be possible to find a BG/Free lancer/paid for companian who is interested in stamps or a female guide who is expert in stamps?

-PizzaMan

Archived