THE ULTIMATE TEAM

sayjann

many of us support different teams,but most of the talk is about Arsenal and MU,what if they could play one game combining the two teams?,playing 4-4-2

11 starters and 5 subs,8 players from each team,what would your team be?,mine is as follows.

Seaman

G Neville

Rio

Sol

O'Shea

Becks

Vieira

Scholes

Giggs

Henry

RVN

Subs

Pires

Freddie

Bergkamp

Cole

Ole-G.

i know the Arsenal fans will say i am bais because i have put the majority of MU players on from the start,but i'm thinking with my head not my heart.

i have tactics in mind and the explanation is as follows.

Seaman is getting on a bit and slower these days and i would have picked Barthez 3 months ago,but he has started to fall of the wagon lately and is very erratic,has cost MU more goals then Seaman has for Arsenal.

the much maligned G Nev is picked because of Becks.

they are the best of friends(Nev was best man at the wedding) and have played together on the right for almost 15 years,they are telepathic sometimes.

Rio and Sol?,seems to be the prefered choice for England and in years to come will form a good partnership.

i pick O'Shea ahead of Cole because Cole is one dimensional,just up and down the line.

O'Shea can play in any position along the back line if any injuries and reshuffling needed.

Becks is a forgone conclusion,maybe not my fav player,but has to be included.

as is Vieira and Scholes is picked for his ability to ghost and scores those goals.

i picked Giggs ahead of Pires because he is more of a natural winger and is also able to play upfront,whereas i think Pires is limited in this role.

RVN and Henry are naturals,could anyone else take their places?.

Subs.

Cole is picked because if O'Shea has to move positions,then Cole is the natural to replace him on the left.

Pires,Freddie and Bergkamp are there for their ability to turn a game when coming on as Sub.

3 0f the best at producing something special when needed.

Ole-G is picked for 2 reasons,he is also adaptable and can play midfield,on the wings or upfront.

there is also his unfair reputation as a 'supersub',he has actually scored more goals when he has started a game then coming on as a sub,but how many times has he changed a game?.

but the only thing which worries me is the lack of steel in midfield,could the flair players do a good job in midfield?.

if this team played Brazil or RM,would they win?.

i nearly agrea with yu sadjann,but chuk out them arsey duffers,put scjoltcher alung side rude von nestegg and drop t henry,evita verona inplace of that sweaty vierra,and anyone apart frum that sol campbell soup.

chapions off prem crown utd

i know the wrong thread,but who is F_F?.

are one of our esteemed members taking the piss?.

i am embarrased to see his posts and think he is just having fun.

i think he is an ##### and hope he goes away.

as yet no useful info from him or interesting posts.

sounds like CS......... :grinyes:

Hey Sayjann, no goalie on the bench? That's quite a risk with that old Seaman on the pitch. :: Forgot that one?

My team doesn't differ much from yours. I agree with you about the others, so I'll just explain my differences.

Barthez or Seaman...haha It's like choosing between a rotten banana and a rotten apple :D. For me Seaman has had it. Just over, finito, end of chapter. He can't do what he once could, so I chose Barhez. Even Carroll is IMO a better goalie, so I putt his ass on the bench (Pires out).

I pick Cole over O'shea. I believe Cole is a better defender and O'shea a better 'attacking-defender'. Thing is, playing the way O'shea does is dangerous for the defence. It gives your opponent space at the back, besides I think 'my' midfield + attack is strong enough for not needing assistance from defenders. So Cole it is.

Keown over Sol. I think the huge amount of experience wins it from Sol. I never liked Sol anyway. Keown is old, but still very capable of doing his job. Sol should join the NFL :)

Pires makes place on the bench for Carroll. One of them has to go, so I choose the one who would give IMO less contribution to the team than any other on the bench.

Kean over Freddie. Why? I don't know. I think Ljungberg is a very good player. I like the way he plays, dangerous, unpredictable and therefore difficult for defenders.

Kean might give the team an energy and morale boost when needed the most. So I chose Keano. Sorry Freddie. :(

I'm the MANAGER and this is what I chose to be MY team:

Barthez..........(instead of Seaman)

G Neville

Rio

Keown...........(instead of Sol)

Cole..............(instead of O'shea)

Becks

Vieira

Scholes

Giggs

Henry

RVN

Subs

Carroll..........(instead of Pires)

Kean............( over Freddie)

Bergkamp

O'shea.........(instead of Cole)

Ole-G.

if this team played Brazil or RM,would they win?.

haha, very difficult. But at this monent I think Brazil is weaker than Madrid. I think MY team beats Brazil and wins from Mardid on penalties. ::

Zaad

Hi Zaad.

i did think about the no 2nd goalie thing and risked it.

i personally think Carroll is a good goalie and did think of picking him,but decided to choose from the accepted 1st teams.

as i said,i picked O'Shea ahead of Cole because of his ability to play along the back line and even midfield.

Cole may be a better defensively minded player,but he cannot fill the roles that O'Shea could.

again i thought of Keane and he is my god,but i could only put him in the team if i dropped Scholes and as i like attacking football,it had to be Scholes.

Sorry Sayjann, not me (as Frank), not even sure what accent that is. Scottish? I thought it may have been you 'taking the piss' as you all say or having a 'wind up'.

GK - Taylor

Neville, Rio, Sol, Cole

Beckham, Vieira, Scholes, Giggs

Henry, RVN

Bench:

Seaman

Pires

O'Shea

Veron

Bergkamp

Ljundberg

Taylor may shock some but I think he's playing better than Barthez and makes up in quicknesss what he lacks in experience from Seaman (Taylor was the U21 GK). I would like a change of tactics throughout the game. Start out with the above line up in a 4-4-2 and if we fall behind , I would get aggressive and go 3-4-3

Rio Sol O'Shea

Beckham, Scholes, Vieira, Giggs

Henry, RVN, Bergkamp

Paddy would play between the midfield and back 3

How would a PL XI do against an all Serie A or all la Liga XI ?

From now on, all football posts must contain the name Harry Kewell in large, bold type. I know he doesnt play for either of those teams, but you could bring him in with a sentence such as 'Of course, none of these players is even remotely as talented as Harry Kewell' ....

Rabid football fans, please retract those death threats and treat this post as you would a weather balloon - annoying and mysterious, but not worth chasing with a shotgun.

Archived