THE ULTIMATE TEAM

sayjann

what am i going to do with you Steve?.

3 things wrong with your team and you did'nt read my criteria.

you picked Taylor,i said the team should be picked from the respective managers 'probable' first choices.

Seaman is ahead of Taylor at the moment in Wengers eyes.

i said pick 16 players for the game,you have 17.... :banghead:

i said 8 players from each team,you have 9 Arsenal and 8 MU.... :doah::doah::doah::grinyes:

better get revising that team of yours.

i'll forgive you this time,after all you are one of the uneducated,an Arse fan........ :neener:

Good thread - brings up a whole host of issues.

Anyhow, my 16 (4-4-2, keeper, and 5 subs) are:

1. Seaman (despite injuries, he has played well, particularly of late)

2. A Cole (cannot imagine leaving him of the starting lineup. IMHO, far superior to Neville, makes striking runs forward and is better defensively than given credit for.)

3. Rio (Rio plus Sol - no brainer, easy choices)

4. Sol (a cut above Rio - sorry, Sayjaan. That said, the two work well together)

5. O'Shea (will go for youth here)

6. Becks (no chance I would put him as a sub. His set pieces are invaluable)

7. Vieira (possibly the best player, along w/ TH, in the Premiership. Also with all these forward thinking midfielders, someone needs to provide some cover!)

8. Scholes (hate him but have to have him in the starting lineup)

9. Pires (isn't having the year he had last year, but still a brilliant player. Giggs is one of my Man U faves, and I do not have too many of them, but I still feel he is not of the same class of Pires)

10. Henry (easy choice)

11. RVN (easy choice - these two on the same side would be a treat)

Subs

12. Wiltord (provides pace, can play midfield, and has a huge tongue)

13. Freddie (not having the best of campaigns, but still quality)

14. Giggs

15. G. Neville

16. Carrol

Interesting exercise.

froggo

interesting.

i thought i might get a bit of flak for picking more MU players to start the game,but it seems i should not be worried.

peoples forward line is the same,but with little changes in defence and midfield.

but Frogpatrol,Cole may be better in defence then Neville but they play on the opposite wing.

Cole on the left,Neville on the right.

but i see so far we all agree on Henry and RVN in attack,what a partnership up upfront.

I've never been one for following instructions Sayjann. lol. I saw it and responded without reading the instructions thoroughly. ka toyt krup.

I still like Taylor :neener: over Fabian 'howler' Barthez and David 'Ponytail' Seaman

What about CL qualifying team. A composition of the top 4 clubs. Assuming Liverpool makes it instead of Chelsea. 4 from each side.

Arsenal: Henry, Vieira, Cole, Sol (prefer Taylor still!)

Newcastle: Shay, Shearer, Woodgate, Jenas

Man Utd: Beckham, RVN, Rio, Scholes

Liverpool: Riise, Gerrard, Kirkland (is he starting or is Dudek?), Murphy (yes, instead of Owen!!)

right back is the problem, i think riise and cole play the same position so I'd put Woodgate at right back.

Says sayjann:

but Frogpatrol,Cole may be better in defence then Neville but they play on the opposite wing.

Cole on the left,Neville on the right.

Yes, you do have a point there! Really should be comparing Lauren w/ Neville. FYI, Lauren was the last player of mine to not make the side due to the 8 per team rule.

froggo

Archived