i love these comments-August 2002

sayjann

posts from Novenber i liked.

posted by STEVE 01/11/02

A punter has placed a 64,000-pound bet on Arsenal

winning the premier league title again this season, despite their run of

four consecutive defeats in the past two weeks.

The bookmakers said the punter would make a profit of 80,600 pounds if

Arsenal become champions for the second consecutive year, after

collecting 140,600 pounds overall.

William Hill have now cut second-placed Arsenal's odds from 6-5 joint

favourites with league leaders Liverpool to clear 4-5 favourites.

Liverpool's odds have been lengthened to 13-8, with fourth-placed Manchester

United at 9-2

(i bet he was crying in his beer on Sunday)

posted by Steve 03/11/02

Old Trafford is slowly losing its aura and clubs will start going there with more confidence of a draw if not a win.

(555555555)

posted by Robbie9god 07/11/02

Fair play to Wenger though,doing a great job at the moment.I just wonder when this unbeaten run is going to end?Maybe they can go all season .

The the cracks are starting to show a little.He lost the rag in a post match interview when asked about the Arses recent SLUMP.Me thinks he should have kept his big mouth shut and leave predictions to someone a little less biased and less f**king blind.

Winning the league is one thing,retaining it is a different story.

Maybe he should ring Anfield or Old Trafford for some advice??

(yes Winger was losing his cool a little even then and i like your advice about picking the phone up)

posted by Steve 11/11/02

It is very early but what do you all think of the rumours that Arsenal are interested in Japp Stam? I know of him only by reputation and a few highlights of him. Frankly I don't think we need another striker, possibly next summer if Bergkamp retires as rumoured. Him also being a former Man Utd player who they got rid of lowers my opinion also. Lazio needs money so he could go on the cheap.

(you would have wise to get him,no nonsense defender,has pace,strength and might have made the difference in the end)

posted by Racha 11/11/02

Wow !! Japp Stam a striker the arse are going to have goals galore with him up front I think he scored once for Man U

The reason United got rid of him was not about him not being a top class player it was his tell all book that got Sir Fergies back up,

He is a top class defender and I think that he would fit in at the back of the Arse very nicely though,

(need i say more?)

posted by Baht_Man 14/11/02

I have had, on extremely well founded authority, confirmation that D. Mills will be joining the Boro in January. My source.... well that would be telling!

(do you still listen to your source?)

posted by Steve 17/11/02

I forgot to mention that one of the classic shots of the derby was of a little boy in a Tottenham shirt crying and being consoled by his father........get used to it kid.

(i remember seeing a few guys and gals in Arsenal shirts looking very dejected last Sunday.............get used to it Steve,Froggo)

posted by JCK 18/11/02

Well, at least he has actually been to North London and watched a match - unlike the glory guzzling gooners on here.

(5555555)

posted by Steve 18/11/02

I fear December for us. CL, Scum, Man Utd and 'Pool. A lot of high pressure fixtures. Man Utd will have play spoiler this year. It seems like they'll have fight Everton and Chelsea for 3rd. What if they ended up 5th! Ferguson will be playing for the Worthless cup or Inter toto cup next year. Wigan City v. Man Utd has a nice ring to it.

(well we do have to fight Everton this weekend,shame the game is meaningless to the Mancs)

posted by Froggo 18/11/02

Of the last two matches, 6 points for the Arse and 1 for Man U and Liverpool, respectively. The stuff dreams are made of

(what comes around,comes around,Utd got 45 out of 51 since Christmas)

posted by me 18/11/02

but the Arse are still only 9 points ahead of Utd.

i find this remarkable after just over a 1/3 of the season gone.

reading the media reports about how brilliant the Arse have been and how crap Utd have been(and i agree with that),we are still just about hanging on to your coat tails.

(the media goes overboard again)

it's something when i have to say Veron looked Utd's best player,along with O'Shea.

that boy is going to be a star.

(i identified in Nov that O'Shea would be a class act)

posted by Robbie9god 20/11/02

But as i have said before this league is a long way from over.Man u are always at their most dangerous coming from behind,remember Norwich and Newcastle.Some big games coming up next month and I feel Man u will beat Arsenal and Liverpool will get at least a draw at Highbury.

The league will be won and lost in April and May with teams busy playing in Europe anything could happen.

Arsenal may be playing the better football at the moment but any talk of them being too good for the Pool and Man U is just

premature bullshit.

(prophetic and wise words,you are like me,look at things in respective and not with a bias view)

posted by Robbie9god 23/11/02

Last time I looked the trophies are handed out in may.Being top now doesn't count for s**t.

(way to go)

posted by Steve 25/11/02

Despite Sayjann's prayers to Buddha, Jesus, Yahweh and Allah, Man Utd will probably end up being spoilers and should be careful Everton or Chelsea don't challenge them for third. Chelsea has a good side on paper and seemed to have found their form.

(all my visits and offerings at my local Buddist temple seemed to have worked)

posted by Racha 25/11/02

Apparently as you get older your semen becomes less effective. So it's now been biologically proven that Arsenal need a new keeper.

(i like it)

posted by Robbie9god 27/11/02

Personally I feel Dudek needs a spell in the reserves and Kirkland deserves his chance in goal.Dudeks handling errors have cost Liverpool against Boro,Basel and now Fulham and this won't be lost on Fergie.

(good insight and he was dropped after the Utd game)

posted by Steve 27/11/02

With their win a Basle, Man Utd is confident and Fergie is making boastful statements again about the league title.

(was he wrong?)

posted by Steve 27/11 02

a full strength Man Utd team is always dangerous. Arsenal and Liverpool would have been safer putting as much points between them and Man Utd during this period. However, I still see them 3rd at best this year.

(55555555555)

posted by Robbie9good 29/11/02

As for Ruud VN,he will play on sunday.The scotch c**t stated in his latest rant that he will definetly be fit in time.With the Pool playing tonight and Utd having an extra couple of days off I think Utd can't possibly lose on sunday.

Could they????

(no....lol)

but something well off topic,how do i get an avatar?,how can i have my own?.

hahaha...but I do contend that my predictions were unbiased. If I see good footie I say so. I think the best compliment I heard about my Gooners was from a Soton player, who after beating us 3-2 at home and losing to Man Utd 0-2 at home, still said we were the best club in PL! Almost to a manager, each said we were the most dangerous. Yes, we didn't prove it on the pitch enough times to secure the PL but the ones who play the game think we are and that gives me some satisfaction.

Copy and paste this one as well: ARSENAL - 2004 CHAMPIONS*

* providing we get Chivu, Terry or Gallas ::

Archived