20 Kg air baggage weight limit strictly enforced?

Also have overheard on a flight with QF in business class between Singapore and Hong Kong passenger complaining about the lack of service onboard and the stewardess told him that they are not there to provide service but to ensure his safety !!!!

Is Qantas still a state owned company? :: If it's a private airline and your statement is true, they definitely need a change in management. :cussing:

Hi!

I doubt if this has much connection with which airline you fly. I think it is more related to if you have the tough luck to encounter some amateur gestapo wanker at the check in counter.

Once when I flew to BKK I was asked if I had planned any onward trips from Thailand. When I wondered why she asked that I was told that some countries require visas and she had to check if I had the right visas. I replied that I have a valid visa to Thailand and a return ticket and that was all she needed to concern herself about. I very nearly was denied to check in. :banghead:

regards

ALHOLK

Yeah these check in people are the limit - don't we all love to be sent back to the line at the ticket desk after having just waited at the line for the check in desk.

And I frequently get asked,

'Do you have a visa for Bahrain'

'I don't need one'

'It says on my computer you do'

'Well if you can find one amidst all the entry and exit stamps for Bahrain good for you'

I always get a lousy seat on that flight!!! :devil:

>I have seen that restriction on Qantas

The restriction is 32kg a peice, not 35. What baggage handlers can do, I don't know but they are a separate entity. May refuse to load the baggage, delay the plane and poor clark may be disciplined/fired.

>they also play a really big thing about you declaring which bags are more than 25KG in weight in order to put a 'heavy' sticker on it. Must be something to do with unions/labour laws in Australia related to potential accidents at workplace.

They don't ask you to declare - they simple see it on their scales.

>Also have overheard on a flight with QF in business class between Singapore and Hong Kong passenger complaining about the lack of service onboard and the stewardess told him that they are not there to provide service but to ensure his safety !!!!

Yes, some older (read: at least half of them) stewardesses can be like that.

Qantas is publicly listed company, BA owns I think 35% of it.

This depends on the airline. My wife works for an airline that doesn't strictly enforce the weight but it really depends on the night. I believe if you fly any airline that has Thai Airways staff handling the flight chances are it will be strictly enforced.

Similar thing happened to me with NWA staff with an open dated ticket to Bangkok. The bitch wanted me to commit to a return date and consequently a fee for change or date if it was necessary because allow me to check in. Eventually she saw she was in the wrong.

Archived