Credit card for reservation?

Old Hippie

I just tried to make a reservation at Majestic suites and was told I have to give them a credit card to hold the room. I have never experienced this in LOS before. Anyway around it? I don't trust my details to the internet.

[ September 05, 2001: Message edited by: Old hippie ]

I don't mind giving my credit card over a secure server, but I don't think the Majestic has a secure server on their website for reservations. Why don't you see if you can fax it to them. If you have stayed there in the past and used a credit card at the time, they can look up your number that way, too. I'm staying there for a couple of nights next month and that's what I did.

Just fill in the reservation without sending ccard no I didn't even send my address and my reservation was accepted or you may want to email Bob the manager his address is at the bottom of the web page. That is what I did and I got my reservation within 24 hours.

You are right it is not safe now to send ccard over nonsecure internet connections my ccard co tell me not to. Trouble is if it is used you'll only find out when you get the statement and it may be on the limit and if the ccard co can prove you gave your number over nonsecure internet the problem at the bottom of your statement is ALL YOURS.

All-

I always make is a policy not to email cc #'s unless I know that they are using a secured server...

Every hotel I've ever used also will be more than heppy to accept a fax copy of your physical card with your signature... Plus I keep the fax verfication sheet to prove to whom I sent the faxed information... This wasn't my idea... I actually got it from the folks at American Express...

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0

Archived