Singapore connection

bushman

quote:

Originally posted by pattaya127:

the best female friends i have/had in Pattaya were working in Singapore. They mostly worked with white expats over there, and commanded LT of around 300 US $.

AAARGH ! Things are not that bad ! 200 S'pore dollar is still the going rate as far as I'm aware. Are you sure you're not mixing up currencies ??

Otherwise: A remarkebly accurate post as far as I can judge. Even some stuff I didn't know though I've been working there.

Lot of Singaporeans will hop the border to JB for serious drinking sessions but in terms of sanuk JB is borderline scary, lot of Malay Katoys. Lots of dodgy places which left me wondering whether I would make it back to my hotel alive. Very different from Thailand. Not to be recommended.

Take good care

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bushman,

I think there are lots of Thai girls working the scene in Singapore. I was at Orchard Towers (the 4 floors of whores) a while back and saw quite a few Thai girls working there. Talked to a couple and they quickly lost interest in me as a potential customer when they found out I lived in Thailand. I think 5000B and up is what they command for LT, so you can't blame them for wanting to give it a try here. Needless to say, I didn't induldge in Singapore.

Ranger

There are plenty of Thai women on the game in Singapore, which is the reason why female Thai tourists are often very much scutinised by the immigration authorties there. They even have female officers who can speak Thai and often catch "suspicious" women before they arrive at the immigration counter and question them (in quite a polite way, actually).

If I may digress for a minute: The glass panels that you see in the immigration halls in Singapore are not really mirrors provided for the more vain travellers; they are one-way glass windows. Behind them there are rooms with supervisors, and if anyone suspicious approaches the immigration counters an alert is sent off.

But back to the subject. There are basically three different kind of Thai prostitutes in Singapore: The low-class among them hang around the Golden Mile Complex, a Thai shopping centre which attracts Thai construction workers. Most of them are from Isaan, and very often quite unsavoury characters, the worst that Isaan has to offers. Drunken brawls are a daily occurrence, and in the ladies' toilet women have been raped, men have been robbed and viciously injured in the gents'. A few years ago the Thai embassy in Singapore issued a warning to Thai tourists not to visit Golden Mile unless really necessary, and if so, not to enter the toilets alone. Other than in the toilets foreigners should have no problem - except that is, on Sundays possibly, when the place is choc-a-bloc, everybody's pissed right from the afternoon onwards and by evening the tempers may be lethally frayed.

The above mentioned prostitutes work illegally, of course. There are also many legal Thai prostitutes; they usually work in the licensed brothels of Geylang. The Sammyboy website should have plenty of information on these places.

The third category are the freelancers who hang out in the discos in Orchard Towers, trying to pick up foreign tourists or expats. These women should make pretty good money though I won't hazard a guess as to the actual amount. Whether their trip is financially successful or not depends to a great extent on how many days stay they are granted upon arrival; if the immigration people are doubtful they may only grant 3 or 4 days (this happens occasionally even to bona-fide tourists or business women), but up to 30 days are possible. Often, they may only get 15 days.

Women of the above category often stay in cheap guest houses along Bencoolen Street, but as these places might be all be shut down soon (Bencoolen St. is earmarked for major hotel development), they probably will have to look elsewhere.

[ August 15, 2001: Message edited by: Scum_Baggio ]

Thanks. You guys are great.Sorry to hear about Bencoolen St. When I travel I don't stay

in the best part of town.In the early 90's I

stay at a small hotel in Little India on Bencoolen St. and that was the most interesting part on my trip to the sanitized city.

Bushman

quote:

Originally posted by bushman:

Has anyone heard of Thai ladies going to work in Singapore? Last year my gf told me that her friend was making big $S . She was considering going to Singapore to join her friend .

Thanks

Bushman

the best female friends i have/had in Pattaya were working in Singapore. They mostly worked with white expats over there, and commanded LT of around 300 US $. In Pattaya, they just hung around together, and i must say they were a lot more mature that the average little bar girl, not to speak of their english that had improved 10fold with the traveling. Indeed, the visa is 15 days only and it also helped while in the country to have a few "friends" (mafia or police) to get the intelligence on police raids and not make enemys unknowingly. Eventually, they either met a nice guy to stay with or moved to Hong Kong where the police is less of a hassle, and the money as good if not better. As of 2 years ago, it did seem more risky to do the Singapore scene as customs and police wisened up. really, these girls were fun friends, they paid your drinks as much as you paid theirs, were great party people and advised me a lot about the Pattaya underbelly as well as discussing my and their love affairs. Most live abroad now or got a long term HK visa, but we've been able to meet every NY's week in pattaya.

Hi Rusty

Actually is a bit out of date. Pink Pussycat closed about a month ago. Its being refurbished and will be re-opening some time with a new name and theme. Not sure if it will be aimed at the Filipina market .... we'll see

Apparently the police withdrew their licence though the owners are saving face by saying its just a refurb

quote:

Originally posted by davcoll:

Pink Pussycat closed about a month ago.

davcoll,

Man, hate to hear that. Always liked that one the best, had the best band (LOL).

What does that leave? Ipanema and place downstairs (392? Never could remember those numbers)?

Rarely went to the other smaller places.

Ever tried some of the real hardcores that hang around outside?

buffalo_bill-isaan,

In some 2 years (not much, I know) of traveling around SEA with Thai wif/GF, one thing I have learned is NEVER let them go to immigration counter alone. Even leaving Thailand, I stand in the Thai passport line with her. Have left Thailand with one-way tickets probably 6 or 7 times and never a question from immigration. The one problem was actually at the Thai Air check-in counter. Last trip to Singapore, about a month ago, they gave her a 30 day stamp.

Archived