Singapore connection

bushman

Hi,

buffalo_bill-isaan said:

"there has been no scrutinising anywhere except at the THAI immigration on departure."

Had the same experience when travelling to Malaysia with my (then) fiancee. We went through immigration using different counters and I saw that she was then directed to an old guy behind a desk who started asked her questions. When I joined them, he asked me a couple of questions as well, and my wife told me a little later that they were the same ones he had asked her. In other words he was checking her story.

Have to say I was rather pissed at this.

Not a single problem in Malaysia. Rather the opposite actually, the guys there were really friendly and even spoke Thai to us.

Sanuk!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by buffalo_bill-isaan:

"scum-baggio, achtung !!!

what means scum-baggio by the way, you are supposed to call yourself hans or dachshund !"

I wanted to be plain "Scumbag" on the old Nanaplaza board, but the name was taken and I would have had to settle for Scumbag6. So I invented this little Italian sounding pun (Baggio is an Italian surname, si si). Dachshund ain't too bad either, but I'd actually been considering "Spirit_of_Eva-Braun" for a while.

"on two occasions i took my longtime-girlfriend to singapore, there has been no scrutinising anywhere except at the THAI immigration on departure."

Yes, happens. I think they just want to show their authority a bit - like roosters flapping their wings.

"cheers and congratulation for passing 500"

Zank yoo.

quote:

Originally posted by clickonline:

AAARGH ! Things are not that bad ! 200 S'pore dollar is still the going rate as far as I'm aware. Are you sure you're not mixing up currencies ??

Otherwise: A remarkebly accurate post as far as I can judge. Even some stuff I didn't know though I've been working there.

Lot of Singaporeans will hop the border to JB for serious drinking sessions but in terms of sanuk JB is borderline scary, lot of Malay Katoys. Lots of dodgy places which left me wondering whether I would make it back to my hotel alive. Very different from Thailand. Not to be recommended.

Take good care

thanks for the comment! I had a g/f who did the Sing thing and told me about all, connections and "how to" with customs. Now she lives in HK with a fat finnish she met in Singapore. I wish she'd call, just to say hello...

About the 300$, well of course they may have bragged a bit (i remember thinking then, Shit, that's what i make on a good day at home and i can't lay down to get it!). One thing i'm sure, they stayed for weeks in pattaya after most trips, had money for the kid and family, and they did not exactly drink mekhong whiskey.

Originally posted by pattaya127:

"Now she lives in HK with a fat finnish she met in Singapore. I wish she'd call, just to say hello..."

Don't worry, she will - when the Finn is bankrupt, or after he stopped flapping his fins, whatever may occur first! Bon chance! wink.gif" border="0

Well, she was a real case of not being like the others (and i don't mean it the usual way) and I do have affection for her, but not quite sure we'd still be ripe for a "love affair". People move on...

No, i meant it: just one phone call, from time to time.

Thanks for the good word.

[ August 17, 2001: Message edited by: pattaya127 ]

there has been no scrutinising anywhere except at the THAI immigration on departure."

Two Thai ex-gfs I had always mention the same thing.. lots of questions leaving Thailand at Immigration.

Even Nui my Fiancee who worked as VP for CP Group was always questioned. I just ask her now and she confirmed.." In over thirty trips was always ask questions at Thai Immigration leaving "

In fact, Us Customs searched her bags 7 times out of the last 9 occasions.

Guess Thai women will always raise a red flag when they travel. Too bad...

Well im my upcoming trip im doing a side trip to indonesia with a possible stop-off in Singapore. I thought i could handle a one night stopover to l/t from the house of whores with a malay or filapina (won't be looking for a thai since i just left there) Might end up window shopping only with those prices. can afford it but a bit on the high end. mind you i once paid over $US200 for a highclass filapina in hongkong and she was well worh every dime.

Showtime,

I agree with you, once Thai women are traveling alone, or with friends they may get questioned at the Thai immigration and most probably on their destination as well. Once, they are traveling along with their Husband/boyfriends or kids there will be hardly any question. I do see Thai women who are getting questioned at the Thai immigration, especially on flight bound for Hong Kong and Japan.

From the past 12 years that my wife is traveling abroad, it happens only once, that she was questioned.

This was upon check-in at Don Muang as she did not have a return ticket, so she needed to buy one at the airport.

to Thaihome

I see the new name for Pink Pussycat will be The Green Mango. Looked thru the window yesterday and it looks just about ready to re-open.

392 on the 1st floor is now Crazy Horse 2 (same owners as Crazy Horse on 4th floor). Its great on a Sunday afternoon. All the maids hang out there ... some beauties in there yesterday.

Archived