Fish and Chips

Lusty

I'd just thought I'd stick this up for those who don't already know especially if your British.If your in the Soi Cowboy area and you want proper unhealthy authetic English grub,look no further than the fish and chip shop just up from the Old Dutch.

Enjoy :p!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've eaten at this place a couple of time with an English friend. I'll agree the food was OK, but man, the place is a filthy, disgusting dump! When you sit in there you feel like you're looking at the world through a greasy haze. The windows are grimy, there are roaches crawling around the baskets they have stacked up in back, and the place stinks!

Does this place really approximate the experience back in the UK? My friend swears by it too!

Of course, filth and sleaze make a good warm-up to the night's activities at Soi Cowboy. ;)

I''m really glad I found this post Rusty - I thought that I'd dreamt a conversation in which Redbaron told me that you'd found a chippy.

(Pssss - do they do mushy peas I wonder? Time for some research. Mushy peas and then a game of dutch ovens).

I'll agree the food was OK, but man, the place is a filthy, disgusting dump! When you sit in there you feel like you're looking at the world through a greasy haze.

True!Just like my favourite local greasy spoon cafe ::

I always get a bag to go on the way to Lolitas. Sit on the couch with fish and chips and a cold beer while getting gobbled myself! Give a whole new meaning to fish head. They don't have any table in the back, so I tend to go with a certain girl from Buriram that has a somewhat flat head to use as a tray.

A good idea for those that like the mayo. Lolitas can provide that. I pass on it tho.

Says rusty:

As long as they dont put that yukey mayonaiss on the chips like they do in Holland!

Now young man, what is wrong with a good old wack of mayo on your chips :cussing: :onfire: :banghead: besides that it makes you fat and gives you facial pickles :eek:

The one I'm talking about is an English run f'n'c joint, i doubt that they even mayo on the premises. So is the opposite joint, guess there they squeeze the mayo out of you though :dunno:

Guest lazyphil

Mayo on chips, whatever next?, you Dutchies will be putting mayo on Pad Thai next; about the same level of poor taste ::

Archived