Read this!

Falang

what was it, about ten years or so ago? two brit hard men terrorising the place until they started pissing off some serious thai business - one was tortured and killed, the other ran to the embassy and gave himself up and was transported back to prison. :neener:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I heard a similar story from about that time. A Swede bought a bar in a rather well known bar area. He thought that he was tough enough to become king of the street and harassed the other bar owners, many of them who were Thais with rather heavy connections. Apparently the bloke disapeared without a trace. As I understood it the bloke was small time crook that thought all Thais would back off as they were much smaller than him. All this happened at a time when I was away from BKK so I have only heard it second hand though.

regards

ALHOLK

Hi!

It has always amazed amazed me that young Swedes will try drugs for the first time in Thailand where they might risk going to prison when they could do it ahome and at the very most get a slap on wrist. I once met a Swedish couple in their early 20's that could speak of nothing else than how they were going to try various drugs when they got to Chiang Mai. I got the impression that this was the sole objective of their trip to Thailand.

Another thing I don't undestand is why Swedes running from the law go to Thailand which has an extradition agreement with Sweden. As soon as they have been identified they spend a couple of months in a Thai prison and the be sent home.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived