Read this!

Falang

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

people do sometimes conduct business on a cash basis
enjoying a quiet evening along the beachfront in North Pattaya with his girlfriend

Without a reported reason for him having 400k with him at the time makes this very suspect. But then again; you didn't say legal business.

>people occasionally carry large sums of cash, and others are professional thives. once a while they meet each other and things like that happen.

Very much agreed. However, one also has to note that the chances of them meeting are *greatly* increased if they happen to *know* who is carrying those large amounts of money.....Now, where was that girlfriend again....

-j-

allways possible here. another scenario is that he was followed frem wherever he picked up the money. or it simply was a normal purse snatcher (who must have jumped from joy when they saw that money).

a few years ago my missus came home crying - her little goldchain was ripped off her neck while walking down thewet market. shit happens.

"properly motivated" is generally here in the range of 10 to 20 %. that's the usual cut for most things, same as compensations of out of court settlements in violence cases. cops help dealing with the damage negotiations and get 10 to 20 % of the amounts paid.

Are they trying to avoid the VISA cost, when I go to Thailand I take out 5,000 Bhat, then when I get down to my last 500 Bhat, I take out another 5,000, so if I get rolled they only get a small amount of cash, OK I get charged for OS transaction but it?s better then what this guy got. :neener:

He is realy ass-hole.

--------------------

stupid at least, this said, there are more and more unsavoury characters, small time gangsters, who make easy money from petty crimes in their own country, then come to spend/launder it as easily as they made it, in Thailand, mostly Pattaya. They basically just don't care as much for their money as someone who works hard to save his. I know one who got so drunk, he passed out on beach Rd, and "lost" 250 000 bahts worth of gold he was wearing on him. Did not shed a tear, kind of a macho thing to do. Usually, it is fairly easy to know or trace back to who did the theft, but unless you are a big mafia fish, no one will talk for fear of losing their life. IMO

Hi!

I think a few years ago there was a colony of German crooks in Pattaya. Wolfgang Ulrich et al...

That must be the understatement of the year. :D

Since I started to go to Pattaya on a regular basis about 14 years ago the place has been jampacked with croocks from most European countries, ranging from petty thievs to big time conn men like Ulrich.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived