Qatar Airways

jacko

A new name is popping up on my checks through the flight search engines - Qatar Airways. They are offering some good Biz class fares on their Airbus 310s.

The flight times aren't great, and I know Doha Airport isn't much of a place to transit, but they do fly straight from Manchester.

Anybody out there given them a try yet - feedback appreciated.

I've flown a couple of times with them. Reasonable service, alcohol is served, and prices very cheap. They have, or did have, a schedule with an overnight stop in Doha. I took this once and really enjoyed the break from the long flight. The hotel is free.

jacko,

Quatar Airlines is on my watchlist for good price and excellent service, might be an option for the near future from my point of view. this used to be a low quality company til their government decided to let it operate under market conditions and hired an ex Air New Zealand (?) CEO . I read positive reviews about them recently.

Bbill

Says jacko:

I know Doha Airport isn't much of a place to transit

Hi jacko,

I have never flown Qatar but heard no bad reports.

Beware of Doha Airport though. Unless they have built a new one - and I have not been there for a few years now - it is not a comfortable place to spend a lot of time. One tip if you do end up there, just walk into the first class lounge. Nine times out of ten, as a westerner you will be allowed to stay there even if you don't have a first class ticket.

Khwai

Archived