Any good pizza stands near nana plaza?

Says PvtDick:

Anyone have an update on Bella Napoli (Sukhumvit Soi 31)? My vote for best pizza in Asia at one point

Hi pd,

I went there a few weeks ago and thought the food was very good.

My only complaint was that the place was too hot. It has A/C, but also a big oven in the corner throwing out a lot of heat - and it is is not a big place, is it?

Maybe the A/C was not working properly.

Khwai

• 2 weeks later...

Says New Petchburi Pete:

Bella Pizza ... Soi 33 ... sorry, it's no better than any other

fake pizza that you'll find in Bangkok ... it is nothing like N.Y.

pizza, or the real thing like you'd expect to find in the North End of Boston or Italy itself. Great business idea! ... real pizza in Bangkok! ...O.K. call it "New York Pizza" and maybe it will sell better.
:bow:

New York Pizza isn't even authentic anymore. Except for a few places in the boroughs most pizza that is sold/consumed in Manhattan is crap. Made by PuertoRicans, Guatemalans,Pakastanis, Russians,Eastern Europeans, etc. That crap is still a hell of alot beter than the pure shit that they dare to call pizza in Los Angeles. Philly still has some decent pizza parlors run by Italians.

The problem with New York pizza these days is that mass commercalization has convinced people that Sbarros is authentic pizza. They are merely a touch better than Pizza Hut and Domino's both of whom I deplore.

Archived