Amari atrium or Novotel Lotus?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says sayjann:

Hi FJ.

when i said where i was staying,the fella on the phone told me the hotel was not guest friendly,buti did'nt have a clue what he meant and asked him to explain.

he said the girl would arrive at the reception and say she was expected and they would then call me and see if this was true?.

to avoid any chance of extra fee i was told her name and to ring reception and inform them i was expecting a business associate to visit me,and give them her name.

sure enough she arrived,and reception rang and asked me if i was ready for her to be let up to my room.

she had also had bogus business cards printed with her name and name of company on them.

probably would'nt have worked at midnight.

Nice one, sir ;). Game on ::.

jack :hubba:

Says sayjann:

Hi TB

i saw your comments on another thread and understand.

but i have an excuse... this was my first ever visit to Thailand and i had NO IDEA of the scene... i had watched my Father die painfully from Cancer over 2 years and needed a holiday.

Shit, sayjann, just read that and hope you don't think my previous post was flippant in any way. I've lost people that way too. I know, I know. :(

jack

Cheers all,

I've booked the Amari Atrium 'cos I'm meeting a girl at BKK and have informed the hotel of her details so am not bothered about guest friendliness in respect of other ladies this time round!.. and haven't stayed there b4.

www.asia-travel.com is offering double superior rooms at both the Novotel and Atrium for just over 1500bht... Just hope I don't get a grotty room for booking indirectly- I'll let you know upon my return mid July. (oh and the website is nothing to do with me...I'm not plugging a business interest!)

Sayjann, sorry to hear of your first hand experience of that particular horror that unfortunately will probably touch us all in some manner or other in this life.

Good luck all.

no worries FJ.

thanks for all the kind words.

but the worst thing about it all?,this being my first trip to LOS,i had no idea of the scene and slept all 4 nights alone in BKK.

and even my first night in Patong was spent alone.

i just did not know girls were available to stay for the night :(:cussing::doah:

i soon learnt about the girls my second night in Patong :p;):grinyes:

• 5 months later...

TB I understand you're a regular at amari watergate & as I'm 99% sure booked there for a biz trip next week I'll like your take on their B800 standard joiner fee policy for guests after 6pm?

I got this info from my GF who worked there for severel years & still have friends working there...

But you say as an important guest you simply refuse to pay & it works or dso you make some dodgy check in of random TG name etc?

Please advice :beer:

Oh if any advice how to sneak in somehow without any staff noticing late at night I'd appreciate it too. More for the GF not too know about the girls than about the possible joiner fee :o

Hi

Prefer the Amari Watergate now as i like location....

Never had a problem at either hotel with joiner fees.

Always book a double room..ok the lady will have to give her name and you will sign a pink slip/register receipt for her ""stay""..all in all not a problem...never asked for fee from me.

The Atrium is ok but watergate would be the better of the two.

Had lunch with marketing manager last time i stayed..she said we get a lot of groups of chinese here and we put them all on the one floor...why i asked...""to noisy"" :)

Archived