Amari atrium or Novotel Lotus?

Fellows and Fllowettes,

I'm back in LOS for a month this June and ofcourse 1st stop's BKK. Was thinking of 6nights there b4 moving on and was going to book in at Novotel Lotus for 1500bht p/n, I know that this place is reasonable. However I could also book the Amari Atrium for 1500 p/night but don't really know what this is like.

I checked the hotel sites but they're not exactly going to tell you that youre about to book a room in a s**t hole now are they... anyway, has anyone stayed a both? Which do you recomend?

Not bothered about guest friendliness as will be with same girl who I'm meeting in BKK.

Cheers.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you like MP's go for the Amari Atrium; there are many in the area. also close is Siam hotel coffeshop

however i am not so sure whether it's guestfriendly. the Amari hotels do not get good comments about that on this board

i stayed at the Amari Atrium on my first trip to BKK and not guest friendly.

slept alone for 4 nights,but did get a girl into my room once.

looked through the phonebook and rang up one of the visiting massage girl agencies.

the guy on the phone gave me many instructions about what to do when the girl arrived at reception.

they worked and she was allowed entry and no guest fee paid.

this was midday.

as Samuk says,many MP's 10 minutes walk away and i took advantage.

Says sayjann:

looked through the phonebook and rang up one of the visiting massage girl agencies.

the guy on the phone gave me many instructions about what to do when the girl arrived at reception.

this was midday...

Intriguing. So just what were these useful "instructions"? :: Did she pretend to be a plumber? :clown: Would the same "instructions" have "worked" if it had been late at night?

Please tell all. :)

jack ::

Amari Hotels.

I have stayed at the three in BKK.

And now stay at Amari Watergate.

No problem with girls ID at desk same as others.

Great hotel fantastic bar downstairs and a live band every night

But prefer Grand hyatt Erawan the disco downstairs is great (drinks Expensive) but great eye candy.

Hi FJ.

when i said where i was staying,the fella on the phone told me the hotel was not guest friendly,buti did'nt have a clue what he meant and asked him to explain.

he said the girl would arrive at the reception and say she was expected and they would then call me and see if this was true?.

to avoid any chance of extra fee i was told her name and to ring reception and inform them i was expecting a business associate to visit me,and give them her name.

sure enough she arrived,and reception rang and asked me if i was ready for her to be let up to my room.

she had also had bogus business cards printed with her name and name of company on them.

probably would'nt have worked at midnight.

Says sayjann:

this was midday.

as Samuk says,many MP's 10 minutes walk away and i took advantage.

Mona Lisa?? :: Nice Place and BIG

Sayjann I just posted this in another thread never any trouble with joiner fees with me i just refuse point blank.

Ok make up my account and call taxi i goto xxx hotel NOW,Sorry Sir follows very fast i must add.

Take the ladies Id by all means but do not pull this **** on me look up all the room nights i have stayed etc etc .Never pay the P*****s

Sorry if i am over reacting to this but it is just another scam.

TIT

Hi TB

i saw your comments on another thread and understand.

but i have an excuse.

this was my first ever visit to Thailand and i had NO IDEA of the scene.

i had watched my Father die painfully from Cancer over 2 years and needed a holiday.

i chose a package tour to Thailand as some thing different

the hotels in BKK and HKT were included in the price and that was it.

when i arrived at the hotel i just looked at some of the brochures in the room and saw many adverts for Thai massage and thought that sounds good,something to get the 24 hour journey out of my body.

when it was explained to me about guest unfriendly hotel,i just thought that the hotel refused entry to non residents.

when the girl arrived she asked me to take a shower before the massage and i was a bit surprised when she took a shower and proceded to massage me in the nude.

when she told me to turn over onto my back and then started to play with my dick(i was still soft)i was amazed and recoiled from her touch and she seemed hurt.

she explained sex was the main event and while i was again surprised,i thought why not and went for it.

i had only been in Thailand for 2 hours when i made the phonecall.

all i wanted as a massage.

i knew nothing of NEP,Cowboy,Thermae,Grace and still have never visited.

i never knew about the nightlife in Thailand,but have learnt since,but on Phuket,my playground.

Archived