Slow Times for the Bar Scene

the_numbers

Bangkok go-go's are indeed ngiap-ngiap lately compared to the norm. :(

55% downturn according to official <coughs> :: questionable numbers, coupled with bad financial planning by bar owners has some bars clearly a bit thirsty for cash :doah:

CAN WE JUST Say: Fuck SARS now. :cussing:

Its a flu that's killed 8 give or take a few people in Thailand, such a joke. Where's the outrage about the number of traffick deaths weekly in Bangkok?? A bloodbath compared to SARS ::

WHO should go get something better to do, and couldn't the media go investigate some real news --

Thai drug war, Money Laundering on the Border, How much is too much for a water buffalo, Who's ever been stuck to the couch in the short-time room in Mandarin.. etcetera.

:dunno:

perhaps the profit dive is the reason behind the recent midnight debacle "AVOID" post, though I've never had a midnite problem.

Sunday at Nana - decent crowd at a few go-go's, but not up to scratch for normal, with quite a few having not a soul in the them or two or three holding the fort down.

Upside though, its definitely a bidders market with lots of girls doing the hustle around the barfine more freely :applause::neener:

Plus, lately its been basically a pick whoever you like ravishing, average, with 1000 Baht rules..

some quabbling, but 3 floors of NANA and Cowboy can be had for this, with no compromise on choosing :p , punters holding firm, did I just say firm :o. (freelancers and others are obviously always a whole different game, overheard a citizen of France pull 300 from the street :: - not 300 I'd like though :eek:)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The punter market is certainly down, and it is becoming an interesting environment where only certain places have healthy enough business to be upbeat and "normal". And it will probably get worse before it gets better.

I was downright stunned at the action Sunday night about 10:00 pm at Gullivers on Sukhumvit Soi 5. I was in there Friday night,and it was an OK crowd - but not spectacular.

Sunday night, the place was absolutely crawling with good looking ladies, fairly well dressed up. Most did not look like lower Sukhumvit regulars - I know a large number of these by sight. But these were also not Thai good girls - their eyes were definately throwing out the "catch me, f#$K me" look, and they were definately trying to connect.

If you are on the prowl on a Sunday night, check out Gullivers. It has definitely "made it" as a deluxe pick-up joint - at least on some odd evenings.

"Let the good times roll!"

SS

Well I'm not a regular, but saturday & sunday seemed pretty allright in the bars to me. I mean great times for the punters, but still bars like longgun, aw, sw, GT certainly doing very well still ;)

Others like sheba, silver dragon, play skool doesn't pull in like they have been, but so the selection is great even at closing :hubba:

please don't let the bargain airfares tempt you guys - stay away it's very boring & dangerous here!

:grinyes:

Says keith doug:

I am in pattaya for 8 days..and internet cafe owner said business is aweful..the hotel i stay at is totally empty. ps save me!! i hate pattaya now so much!!!

Why hate it? I wouldnt mind having the place to myself, must be wonderful being in a buyers market!

Cheers

Jaga

stonesoup,

Question. You mentioned that these rarely seen good-looking (better dress and classier look) but not so good girls were on the make. Since these were not the usual lower sukhumvit girls and we all know by sight if not by prototype, where do you think these other girls go/hang out when they put their fishing poles out for their nightly catch?

Do you think they are coming over from somewhere else to the falang world because usual business had been adversely impacted by a downturn of asian customers or even thai business or do you feel this was just a one night abberation? You might never see these girls again? Only in a blue moon do i see these out of place girls on sukhumvit. I wonder if this could be a short or long term trend maybe in the works? It would sure be a nice change of scenery from the sukhumvit crowd. I wonder if their prices are higher or lower?

cardinalblue

I don't know about anyone else, but my regular girls are now checking with me two and three times a day trying to entice me over. I had to put down the law with the ones I see less and say don't call me untill I call you! So, now they text message me. ::

Archived