Slow Times for the Bar Scene

the_numbers

Not replying to anyone in particular just my couple of comments on my recent expereince:

Gulivers: Went in last week with a mate, hopefully to play pool but too busy and could not be bothered waiting. I saw 3 girls who are regulars at Top Ten in Singapore. However they were all talking with guys although eye recognition was shown ;) - I for one have not been to Singapore for about 10 weeks which is a record for me and mates living there say it is desperately quiet nightlife wise. Guess the girlies are heading back.

Pattaya. Same mate came down at the weekend. We only went into GoGo bars and found everyone v-busy - wierd based on everyone elses experience. Even beer bars were doing a respectable trade although probably helped that FA cup final was being shown as well.

Cheers

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried to book the Majestic Suites for late next week and they are booked solid. I've never had a problem with shorter notice getting into the hotel. Same thing with my next choice.

I'm getting desperate and am about the try the Nana. Everything else seems booked.

Majestic is kinda small, I believe <40 rooms. What was your 2nd choice? I'm coming next week, booked 1 night at Ambassador and figure I can go round, walk-in to a couple of places and get some kind of deal for the next few days. Keep us posted on what you find.

Khun Khong,

no problem to find an hotel this times in Bkk.

In April tourism is down 25 % on April 2002. Many hotels in Bkk are empty. Majestic Suites has only 38 rooms, good locationa and competitive prices but you can find many good deals.

Try Grand President soi 11, the 2 hotels beside Majestic Suites or one of the hotels on soi 3.

Regards

Oracolo

Voodoo has changed in character a bit, used to be the girls were very standoffish, now they seem ultra-keen, even the waitresses were all over me a few nights ago. Unfortunately, there are large numbers of katoeys in there, some of them quite well disguised... so watch out for those big titties!

Most did not look like lower Sukhumvit regulars - I know a large number of these by sight. But these were also not Thai good girls - their eyes were definately throwing out the "catch me, f#$K me" look, and they were definately trying to connect.

[color:"blue"]

Interesting ...

I don't really hangout there that much but times I've been there, most of the "working" Thai girls are same Suk girls from other venues (Soi 7 BG & NW, The Factory, Thermae, Angel Disco and etc.).

Regarding foreigners, I haven't seen many except for few Russian "working" ladies.

Since the owner is trying to create mid-market freelancer hangout, I wonder how "catch me, f#$k me" crowd fits it there. The "working" girls must be crying in their sleep at the site of others giving it away free ... :grinyes:

[/color]

Hardy - US$200 still being bantered around means the Thai approach to variable pricing clearly in play. As we see in so many other scenario's price stays high or goes up because not so many customers and they still have to pay the overheads !!

FYI, I've never paid more than S$250 for all night and in last 2 years never more than S$200 all night regardless of how elite the girl is. Probably helps that many know me at least by sight if not personally!!

Cheers

Archived