Aussie tourist visa? EASY

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BB,

Me well dressed? Well, she dressed me really. Made sure I didn't look like a hippie.

Bibbles,

That's what i would have thought too, but they seemed interested. More interested in the printouts than my bank statements, wage slips, her work history etc etc...

STH,

She's going down under for 3 months.. max. (3month visa)

FatBastard,

Yeah, some are pretty snotty, but the ones who were looking after us (2, 1 Thai 50ish, 1 Asian Aussie late 50's) were pretty good I though. Very polite and efficient we found.

Fat,

Was trying to get in early, but forgot we needed a bank cheque, so had to wait until the bank opened at 9. Being a Monday, we'd only thought of the cheque Saturday night, so couldn't get it until Monday.

Food for thought though for next time.

Did she get an 8503 or not?

I'd be interested as my wife in the past managed to get a tourist visa without an 8503. I probably should have married her in Australia at the time but I wasn't living there then. I'm afraid if she tried today with me being an Australian citizen and all she's automatically get an 8503 thus making on shore spousal processing impossible.

Last time my wife got a tourist visa she rolled up smartly dressed. I stayed out of the way downstairs and it took her literally a few seconds to get the stamp. I'm not sure if it's still this easy today. My told me that at the time the clerk looked where my wife was sitting to see if there was any Farang there. I was on the comfy couch downstairs.

I belive under the right circumstances the British embassy is the easiest place to get a spousal visa for the wife. I choose not to live in the UK so I haven't been thru this yet but I know if I showed up there and I was employed in the UK at the time I would not be expecting too much difficult from them there.

Archived