Aussie tourist visa? EASY

Guys and Gals.

Did the dreaded embassy trip today. It really was a piece of piss. The only painful thing was the waiting around (we were there for 3 hours).

We took shitloads of paperwork with us but all they looked at was:

passports (both)

emails

photos (of this trip, forgot the old ones)

We had a heap of her stuff translated (school reports, house details, ID card and birth certificates), but they weren't interested. We forgot to show them my bank and employer details, as well as phone bills etc. They didn't give us a chance. Neither did we bring HER proof of employment or funds (forgot).

A few basic questions, that's it.

NB. We were EASILY the best dressed couple there. Me shirt and trousers; her shirt, jacket and trousers. Most other farangs had shorts and/or sandals on. You wouldn't believe what some of the gals wore. Well, maybe you would.

BTW, I've only known this girl 6 months, but our ages are pretty close (3yrs) and we were told this was a definate plus.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The British embassy is only second to the USA one in nastiness, not helped along by some of the female farang monsters in there being married to higher-ups in the embassy - so in their own little power trip world - the actual boss of the visa section is okay but tends to hide away in his office until things turn really nasty!

Agreed on that, esp when the embassy even turns down visas for Thai girls who are married to Brits! Unfortunately, when Labour first came back into power they did ease up on issuing visas but then they got loads of complaints from the UK about Thais disappearing into the ether and not leaving the country - so to an extent Thais only have themselves to blame!

Archived