Rooftop Repose

StoneSoup

'Had a little chuckle today. Hopped the BTS from Nana to Saladaeng this afternoon about 2:30 pm. 'Was gazing out the south windows as the train closed in on Ploenchit station. As we passed the place where the new Blue Wave bar is being completed on the Nana side of the JW Marriott Hotel, I noticed that there were two Thai workmen up on the shiny new tin roof of the bar. One of them was clearly working, struggling with something at the rear roof apex. The other workman was about 20 meters away, comfortably stretched out on the gently sloping roof, in the shade cast by the Marriott Hotel - sound asleep! He was on his back, with arms laid out on the roof directly above his head.

Hey - two guys go up to work for a couple of hours, and who's to say - down on the ground - just what they were actually doing ip there. I sort of wonder what the hard-working guy thinks, getting paid the same as "sleeping beauty" (probably just "mai bpen rai").

But - I wonder of sleeping man realized that his "hardly working" was visible to thousands of passing commuters?

As they said in the army - "Never take more than your fair share of hills - or else you'll be given more than your fair share of hills to take..."

Goldbricks unite!

"Let the good times roll!"

The Fighting Fish

Says StoneSoup:

I sort of wonder what the hard-working guy thinks, getting paid the same as "sleeping beauty"

Maybe thinking it is his turn to sleep in half an hour!

I have been amazed how many female construction workers flirt as I walk past. They pull down the scarf mask to smile and laugh, and say simple Thai greetings. Anyone else notice this?

[color:"red"] I have been amazed how many female construction workers flirt as I walk past. They pull down the scarf mask to smile and laugh, [/color]

In the UK the construction workers are infamous for shouting raunchy remarks and wolf whistling if a pretty girl passes by the site.

Thailand sort of turns everything on it's head doesn't it? ::

Archived