Yes I am pathetic, HELP ?

Ok looks like the drinking and womanizing is catching up on me :drunk::devil: .

Suposedly.... after this week prospects of an Engrish teaching job will be largely diminished??

And yes I have managed to wait this long. I do not

have a clue where I should start looking.

Anyone feel like giving me a push in the right direction? Something more than www.ajarn.com ?

My qualification is (singular) my brand new TESOL certificate from TEFL Ban Phe. My priorities would be (if I had a choice) money!!! $$$ and a location in BKK as close to BTS as possible.

Even a sugested list of schools I might drop by

would be appreciated.

A definite job could be reciprocated with ? Beer ? :beer:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, let me think, what would I do if I were in your shoes? I would get a list of all the schools and send out a good resume with a cover letter. Maybe take that booze and woman money and visit the schools in person to turn in your resume. I remember Bangkok Phil had a small list of schools and he rates them on his web site (bangkokmouth.com). Maybe if you have the resources, you could even do some volunteering somewhere in EXCHANGE for a reference for your future job? I am sure some other posters will have better advice than me......

I would try to start small and get my foot in the door. Who knows, this could be a springboard and you could make the big bucks teaching in Japan someday :)

Rug

I believe he is talking about a possible teaching job vs his other "hobbies"....

Sorry, I can't help as I know nothing about the teaching industry in Thailand.

Sanukboot.

I appreciate what you are saying. But honestly my alchoholism is strictly a LOS thing. In my western home country I have always been a "Work-aholic" and would rarely consume alchohol more than 2 nights in a month. There is no question in my mind that once I establish a normal work/home life it will be the same. I will likely asume my normal working too much lifestyle here as well.

Archived