Tax on automobile purchase ?

Well, I was just at the Mercedes dealership today.

The SL500 convertible (think it's SL, whatever, it's definitely something something 500) can be had for only 12,500,000 baht. I'm sure they'd cover any registration fees. :)

By the way, the salespeople totally ignored me. I had to chase them down!!!

:) My caveat is that I was with farangs at the time (which was today, so it's a current price :)

<<burp>>

It's funny that you mention 'Mercedes' ... that's exactly what my wife would like! I think I've seen some Mercedes buses that I can put her on! ... I was thinking more like a Toyota, Honda or Nissan. Like Stickman mentioned in his weekly, even I don't want to buy a car that looks like a taxi! :grinyes:

I like the Nissan Cefiro ... saw one yesterday for 1,350,000. ... plus tax (?). BTW, that was just sticker price, which I'd also like to know about ... ? is the price negotiable, and if so, by how much?

Says gummigut:

Well, I was just at the Mercedes dealership today.

The SL500 convertible (think it's SL, whatever, it's definitely something something 500) can be had for only 12,500,000 baht. I'm sure they'd cover any registration fees.
:)

By the way, the salespeople totally ignored me. I had to chase them down!!!

My caveat is that I was with farangs at the time (which was today, so it's a current price

<<burp>>

The list price for the SL500 conv. in Canada is $124,900 which works outs to approx 3,747,000 baht, of course this is just the entry level model, the top of the line is @165,000 which still only comes to 4,950,000 baht, still less than half the price :: ::

I drive one of those big ugly 4X4 super cab pickups here in Canada, loaded to the max with all options, cost about 40,000 dollars, or 1,200,000 baht, what would it cost there?

Archived