Some siblings pay, while other do not?

Vladican

Sorry P127, but that does not explain those families where there is not farang involved

--------------------------------------

yes, it does not cover it.

Nor does it explain both think_too_mut's and my situation.

-----------------------------------------

yes, it does not cover it.

PS:no rules written in marble in LOS, or written by me either. But wasn't it TTM , a few months ago, who was telling us that certain $$ demand from the family put a strain on his relationship? Maybe it was not him.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says greg:

Im just curious.

you are pondering giving girls who are not even GF's money to sent to their parents?

Why? She is not your girlfriend, they are not your parents. ::

Very true, I have not given any money to any girls accept for one, and the amount was proportional to what I thought would be fair.

The reason why I do help this particular girl out from time to time is simple: she literally saved my life about a year and half ago (for that I am in her debt). She did not need to do so at the time, and their was no benefit to her to have done so, accept to further put herself in harms way.

>But wasn't it TTM , a few months ago, who was telling us that certain $$ demand from the family put a strain on his relationship? Maybe it was not him.

No, it was not me.

I think Thalenoi got into something where his gf had to help her family with obligations made without prior consultations with her/him.

I think situatins will differ depending on the attitude of the parents and siblings

-----------------------------------

OK, sorry guys for sounding patronizing, answers are never simple in LOS. One thing I know is that family situations are not always rosy, far from it. My GF and I often talk about her family, and there are defintely good and bad apples in it, living next to each other. Herself and her younger sister seem to care more than the older ones who have borrowed money from the mother, and never repaid it. The fact that they were born from a first marriage, not having the same father as the younger ones may have something to do with it.

Hi,

I am not well versed in this at all, but isn't it the daughters who inherit the land/house etc., of the parents?

I've always seen it as a protection of investment, of sorts, for a girl to send money home, so the "farm" will be there for her, when her time comes.

This is not to say that that there is not an inherant obligation for all siblings to take care of parents, but it is the daughters who have the most to gain, concerning the retention of the "family jewels".

Please correct me, if I'm way off base on this.

HT

Not an expert on inheritance laws. I am just wondering who inherits when there are many daughters. There is still a part of the family property in my GF's home that is not used, and my Gf says it is hers to build a house when she can. I probably should ask her what gives?

Normally the youngest.........inherits the house and

the major share of the land....with the rest going to the other daughters.Of course the youngest daughter lives with the

parents and takes care of them whilst her husband works the

land(usually for little or nothing)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My parents have 2 children, I and my brother. I left Thailand at 16 and brother only left for college and has been taken care of our widow mother for the past 30 something years since our father died 37 yrs. ago.

I feel that I should be the one who gives the money if needed for I have never been there (in Thailand) and my brother is just a poor lawyer who provides all needed services to our mother, that includes health insurance. Tha extra thing such as a new car, new something whih is needed is provided by me, I feel it is fair and none of the things ever got asked for, I just offerred. Many times I had to insist in giving. My salary is very high and I feel that I can afford the things I want to give. Repeat, none of my Thai family ever asked for anything.

It is a Thai custom to help parents, but giving must be scrutinized carefully for some Thai families, no amout of money is enough!!!

Jasmine :devil:

Archived